optiPoint 410/420 S
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The optiPoint 410/420 S phone family consists of a wide range of optiPoint SIP phones, from optiPoint 410 entry S for basic telephony to optiPoint 420 advance S for high-volume callers with sophisticated needs.
|optiPoint 410 entry S|| optiPoint 410 economy S
optiPoint 410 economy plus S
optiPoint 410 standard S
|optiPoint 410 advance S|
| optiPoint 420 economy S
optiPoint 420 economy plus S
optiPoint 420 standard S
|optiPoint 420 advance S|
- 1 Phone range
- 2 Documentation
- 3 Firmware / Software
- 4 End of Life information
- 5 Mass deployment
- 6 Add-on devices, Adapters and Accessories
- 7 See also
- 8 How To
- 9 External links
All phones of this phone family have a common feature set (listed below) and additional features per model.
- SIP support according to RFC 3261
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af or external power supply (EU, US and UK power adapters)
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) / Third party call control
- Remote administration via Web-based management, HiPath Deployment Service or XML files
- Codecs G.711, G.723.1A, G.729AB and G.722 wideband codec
- Open listening
- Freely programmable feature keys
- 2 keys (plus/minus) for volume settings
- Keypad with 12 keys
- Dialog keys (optiGuide) for navigation / feature control (except 410 entry)
- Wall-mountable (seperate bracket required)
- Housing color: manganese (dark) or arctic (bright)
There are two product lines available:
- optiPoint 410 S
- optiPoint 420 S
The optiPoint 410 S models support paper labels for the programmable Feature Keys, whilst the optiPoint 420 S models provide self-labeling monochrome LCD Feature Keys.
Within the optiPoint 410 S and optiPoint 420 S family, the user can choose among different hardware models:
|Phone model||Display|| Self-labeling
| Full duplex
| USB master|
|optiPoint 410 entry S||-||-||-||8||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 410 economy S||2-line, tiltable||-||3||12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 410 economy plus S||2-line, tiltable||-||3||12||-||Yes||-||-||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 410 standard S||2-line, backlit, tiltable||-||3||12||Yes||Yes||Yes||2||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 410 advance S||4-line, backlit, tiltable||-||3||19||Yes||Yes||Yes||1||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 420 economy S||2-line, tiltable||Yes||3||12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 420 economy plus S||2-line, tiltable||Yes||3||12||-||Yes||-||-||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 420 standard S||2-line, backlit, tiltable||Yes||3||12||Yes||Yes||Yes||2||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 420 advance S||4-line, backlit, tiltable||Yes||3||18||Yes||Yes||Yes||1||Yes||Yes|
- General overview on platforms / systems:
|HiPath 2000||Pure IP-Switch|
|HiPath 3000/5000||Hybrid Switch/IP-Softswitch|
|HiPath 8000||IP-Softswitch||optiPoint connectivity to HiPath 8000|
|Siemens SURPASS Hosted Office / hiQ 4200 / hiQ8000||IP-Softswitch (carrier grade)|
|BroadSoft||IP-Softswitch (carrier-grade)||optiPoint connectivity to Broadsoft|
|Sylantro||IP-Softswitch (carrier grade)||optiPoint connectivity to Sylantro|
|Asterisk||Open Source IP-Softswitch||Admin Manual optiPoint 410-420 Asterisk|
For detailed interoperability information please check Software version and Interoperability sections on this page.
Connectivity to several VoIP providers is supported.
For configuration hints see the How To article setting up the optiPoint 410/420 SIP with a VoIP provider.
All optiPoint phones are shipped with a printed document providing brief instruction regarding installation and operation. For both user and administrators, a comprehensive and updated documentation is provided as PDF files. Depending on the system environment, the user may choose between HiPath 8000, BroadSoft and Sylantro specific documentation.
User Manuals HiPath 8000 environment
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 economy S, economy plus S, standard S
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 advance S
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 entry S V6.0
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 economy S, economy plus S, standard S V6.0
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 advance S V6.0
User Manuals BroadSoft environment
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 economy S, economy plus S, standard S - BroadSoft
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 advance S BroadSoft S
User Manuals Sylantro environment
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 economy S, economy plus S, standard S - Sylantro
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 advance S Sylantro S
Administration Manuals HiPath 8000, BroadSoft, Sylantro, Asterisk
- Administration Manual optiPoint 410-420 S family
- Admin Manual 802.1x optiPoint 410-420 family
- Admin Anleitung 802.1x optiPoint 410-420 Familie
- Admin Manual XML-Management optiPoint 410-420 V6.0
- Admin Manual optiPoint 410-420 Asterisk
- Deployment-Service en
Firmware / Software
The SIP firmware provides encryption capabilities. Hence its distribution must follow legal requirements which do not allow unrestricted SW distribution via the Internet. The firmware is only provided by Siemens technicians or by official Siemens Partners. Customers with self-care contracts will have access to SW within the SEBA Web portal (login required).
The firmware of the optiPoint SIP phones comprises two software components:
- NetBoot Software: this component provides low level features (like Boot process, LAN connectivity) and is not changed once a phone has been produced from factory and/or is in operation. However, if necessary new features may be provided during the ongoing development and factory production process.
- Application Software: this component contains all features for:
- Call Handling
- Call Signalling
- Audio Control
- User Interface
- Language Support
the Application Software component is continuously developed and enhanced and it can be downloaded to the phone using an FTP server as needed, see optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0.
Actually SIP line application software main version to be used is SIP V6.0 that is supported on most HiPath systems. See also optiPoint 410/420 S interoperability matrix and optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0.
Current software releases
The actual V6.0 Application software is optiPoint 410/420 SIP V6.0 R3.68.0.
Due to Bug (NA02884341).
This bug can occour sporadically after upgrade process from application versions between V6 R1.65.0 and V6 R1.65.7 or from version V6 R2.66.0: the available Hotfix was released with V6.0 R2.66.1.
The optiPoint 4x0 SIP phones family with application versions between V6 R1.64.0 and V6 R1.64.8 can safely be upgraded to that latest version V6 R2.66.0 because not affected by this bug.
|Version||Release||Release date||Release note||Notes|
|V7.0||R0.14.0||09/11/2007||optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R0.14.0|
|V7.0||R0.13.0||27/09/2007||optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R0.13.0|
|V7.0||R0.11.0||11/09/2007||optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R0.11.0|
|V7.0||R0.10.0||09/07/2007||optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R0.10.0|
To get an overview of all release notes for the optiPoint 410/420 SIP family see the history of all Release Notes.
See also optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0 about the actual version V6.0 of optiPoint 410/420 SIP family.
For detailed interoperability information please check optiPoint 410/420 S interoperability matrix.
End of Life information
Information as of 30.05.2007
- V4.0 has been phased-out 05/2005
- V4.1 has been phased-out
- 05.03.2007 Order Stop
- 31.05.2007 End of Product Activities
- V5.0 has been phased-out
- 29/12/2006 End of Product Activities
- SIP V6.0 is still available, but will be replaced by V7.0. The End of Life planning for V6.0 has been started.
- SIP V7.0 is available.
See Mass Deployment.
Add-on devices, Adapters and Accessories
- optiPoint modules:
- optiPoint adapters:
- See also optiPoint adapters.
- optiPoint 410/420 S - the portal page of the telephone family
- optiPoint 410/420 S FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint 410/420 S interoperability matrix - comparative table of supported platform versions
- optiPoint 410/420 S Release Notes - information about new software features, corrected bugs, known issues
- optiPoint 410/420 S software features - list of local, network and centralized call features
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V7.0 - feature overview to SIP V7.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0 - feature overview to SIP V6.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S setup with several Provider - detailed information about Provider specific configuration
- optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0 - distinctions while upgrading optiPoint 410/420 S to SIP V6.0
- optiPoint 410/420 S firmware upgrade procedure - procedure description of how to upgrade the firmware
- optiPoint 410/420 S factory reset - this How To describes the procedure of a reset to factory defaults
- SIP V6.0 optiPoint compatibility
- optiPoint power supply and PoE classes
- Overview: Supported SIP standards
- optiPoint 410/420 End User Tutorial (Internet Explorer required)
- Key Labelling Tool
- optiPoint 410/420 CorNet IP (HFA) to SIP migration
- optiPoint MoH Converting
- optiPoint SIP UDP Trace
- Set up a Manager / Secretary installation with HiPath 8000
- Using DSS keys with BroadSoft Rel.13
- Set up a secure XML configuration download environment
- How to setup SNMP supervision for error and QoS tracking