optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This information describes distinctions while upgrading optiPoint 410/420 S phones to optiPoint 410/420 SIP V6.0 Application Software.
For common upgrade procedure (download application) refer to optiPoint 410/420 S firmware upgrade procedure.
For migration from CorNet IP (HFA) to SIP Application Software see optiPoint 410/420 CorNet IP (HFA) to SIP migration.
Possibilities of Upgrading
The optiPoint 410/420 SIP V6.0 Application Software can be uploaded on the phone via FTP (if supported by the software being upgraded from):
- Via the WBM interface (supported by all phone models)
- Via the phone's local user interface (not supported by 410 entry S that hasn't the display)
- Via HiPath DLS application (supported by V4.1.20 onwards, V5.0.x, V6.0.x and V7)
Upgrading from SIP V5.0.15 or earlier versions
This may cause problem, when the phone was configured for manual VLAN discovery.
- Change the phone's VLAN discovery setting to
DHCP, then back to
manual, this action will store the setting in the phone’s database and the default value is not used
- Reboot the phone
- Upgrade phone to SIP V6.0 (see optiPoint 410/420 S firmware upgrade procedure)
Upgrading from SIP V4.1.15 or earlier versions
Note that QoS default settings are now set to
ON (both on L2 and L3 layers).
This may cause problem when the phone sends tagged frames and your network devices can’t handle these tagged frames. In this case, we suggest the following workaround, before performing the upgrade:
- Change the phone's QoS L2 layer setting to
ON, then back to
OFFand reboot the phone, this action will store the setting in the phone’s database and the default value is not used.
- optiPoint 410/420 S - the portal page of the telephone family
- optiPoint 410/420 S FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint 410/420 S interoperability matrix - comparative table of supported platform versions
- optiPoint 410/420 S Release Notes - information about new software features, corrected bugs, known issues
- optiPoint 410/420 S software features - list of local, network and centralized call features
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V7.0 - feature overview to SIP V7.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0 - feature overview to SIP V6.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S setup with several Provider - detailed information about Provider specific configuration
- optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0 - distinctions while upgrading optiPoint 410/420 S to SIP V6.0
- optiPoint 410/420 S firmware upgrade procedure - procedure description of how to upgrade the firmware
- optiPoint 410/420 S factory reset - this How To describes the procedure of a reset to factory defaults