optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V7.0
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Here you find general information about SIP V7.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S. SIP V7.0 is the successor of SIP versions like SIP V6.0, V5.0 and SIP V4.1, used on optiPoint 410/420 S phones.
- 1 New features
- 2 For users upgrading from V4.1 - the features from V5.0 add on top
- 3 Scope of affected products
- 4 Please Note
- 5 See also
For detailled information about each firmware release refer to optiPoint 410/420 S Release Notes.
General differences between V4.1 / V5.0 / V6.0 and V7.0:
- SIP Communication and Payload Encryption
Beginning with V7.0 optiPoint 410/420 S is able both to encrypt SIP-communication (TLS) and payload (SRTP).
Additional Information on SIP-Communication Encryption (TLS)
Transport protocol must be set up to Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt the communication.
The SIP-server must be able to communicate on TLS.
optiPoint 410/420 S V7.0 can check the transmitted server-certificate when a TLS-connection is being established (SIP server validation) Note: This feature requires the DLS for installation of certificate.
optiPoint 410/420 S V7.0 can monitor the TLS-connection - this must be supported by the the SIP server (Connectivity Check Interval)
Note: Usage of TLS is released for OpenScape Voice V3.0, V3.1, V4.0 and V4.1 only
Additional Information on Payload Encryption (SRTP)
Secure Payload is visualized with a padlock icon in the upper right of the display.
optiPoint 410/420 S V7.0 can play a audible indication if payload is insecure (phone must be configured to do so).
The payload can only be encrypted if also the SIP-communication is encrypted, that means: TLS is used for transport protocol.
Note: Usage of SRTP is released for OpenScape Voice V3.1, V4.0 and V4.1 only.
- SIP retry-after (since V7 R2.2.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R2.2.0 the phone supports a retry-after-parameter for its registration-/notification-/subscription-attempt. This is needed because a SIP-server may not be able to provide service when thousands of devices are all attempting to reach the server (after an outage) in a short-time.
- Enhance Endpoint Survivability Operation (since V7 R4.1.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R4.1.0 the indication of survivability operation during the registration procedure is supported. The indication for survivability mode is still coming from the sip-proxy/back-up-server.
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 S V7.0 the optiPoint display module is not longer supported on optiPoint 410/420 S.
- Language packages (since V7 R1.3.0, language set Portugues-Brazil added with V7 R5.2.0), languge set US-English added with V7 R5.5.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R1.3.0 the application software was splitted in two language packages. Language package 1 contains the original languages, language pack 2 contains the new languages Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Latvian & Czech and - as backup - English.
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R5.2.0 language pack 2 contains an eight language - Portugues Brazil. (supported by DLS >= V2 R4.17.0). Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R5.5.0 language pack 2 contains not longer British-English as backup - instead of this US-English is used (no changes for DLS ).
Important: Changing the language will only change the language on the Phone Display.
- AICS Zip Tone (since V7 R2.2.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R2.2.0 a new function key named AICS ZIP TONE is available.
If the user is using a headset and the feature key is activated, an incoming call will be alerted with a short tone and no ringing melody at the phone. The call is answered automatically so that the user, e.g. a call-center-agent, does not need to touch the phone for answering the call.
- Call-Forwarding Breakthrough (since V7 R5.3.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R5.3.0 the forwarding destination will break through the local call-forwarding when calling the forwarded phone, e.g. Bob forwards to Sally, Sally calls Bob, phone of Bob is ringing.
- Playback of DTMF-tones (RFC2833) (since V7 R6.2.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R6.2.0 playback of DTMF-tones, which are received as RTP-events according to RFC2833, can be activated (or deactivated) via WBM, UI, netboot (item-name play-dtmf with values true or false) or DLS (since DLS V3 R1.2.0).
- Factory Reset / Upgrade of Netboot-Application (since V7 R4.1.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R4.1.0 it's easier for an administrator to restore the factory settings or upgrade the netboot application. An additional possibility to make a factory reset is realized: the administrator can restore the factory settings via Deployment Service (DLS >= V2 R4.14.0). The administrator can update the netboot-application via web-based-management or Deployment Service. Additional the netboot software version is displayed on the web-based-management and on the Deployment Service.
- Disable/Enable LAN port 2 (PC) (since V7 R5.2.0)
Beginning with optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R5.2.0 it's possible to disable / enable the Integrated 10/100 Mbit/s Base-T Mini-switch. This could be done through phone GUI, web based management, Deployment Service or XML.
For users upgrading from V4.1 - the features from V5.0 add on top
- Hot key pad dialing: Enhanced control if dialed number is subject to dial plan (i.e. you can determine, if the dial plan is active during on-hook dialing)
- Idle Display Enhancement: The +/- keys to cycle round idle messages. Configurable option as to whether missed calls indication is shown, as not needed if having a function key for missed calls with adjecent LED.
- Dial Type Feature Enable/Disable: - Provide only the dialing option [dial by number, dial by name] the user actually needs to simplify menu.
- Consultation Dialing: - The clear/release key performs a disconnect & return when consultation dialing
- Quick access to idle state: Exit from a configuration or setup mode by simply lifting the handset
- Dial Tone timeout: Determines how long dial tone is given
- Consult/Transfer key:A new function key which when pressed in the one call connected or one call held state will place the current call on hold, if not already held, and prompt the user to dial a consultation call.
- Call Forwarding Indication for Keysets Line Keys: Indication of unconditional forwarding of a primary line set in OpenScape Voice is provided to phones which have that line associated with them. The phones to be provided with a configurable option to flash the led against a line key for which unconditional forwarding is active.
- Survivability: Concurrent registration with a configurable backup proxy
- Call Back
- Call Transfer unscreened / unattended transfer
- keyset / multiline enhancements:
- Line Reservation - reserve a line at the start of dialling so that no other terminal can use it. An incoming call cannot interfere with outgoing call initiation.
- Audible Ring on Roll-over lines - An option to exist where a user hears No/standard/alert ringing (configurable) at their phone for an incoming call at the same time as being connected to a party.
- Line Key Operating Modes - Pressing a line key with a call on it will (depending on a configurable option) either put the call on manual hold or release the call.
- New terminating line preferences
- New originating line preferences
- Hotline / Warmline enhancements
Scope of affected products
For compatibility and compliance see optiPoint_SIP_HW_compatibility.
- optiPoint 410/420 S phone family
- consisting of:
- Plug&Play scenario: If the E.164 number is not provided during the installation of an new telephone (e.g. if there is no pre-assignment of MAC-Address and E.164 number via DLS or XML deployment), the user / administrator is prompted on the telephone display to enter this number via keypad. The timeframe to enter this number is 21600 sec (6 hours). Activity on the phone will set the timer to 60 seconds. If these timer expires, the phone continues the start up process, but with no or incomplete number so the registration will be not successful. The number has to provided in a further administration step.
Note: While the prompt for the number is displayed it will not be possible to administer the phone using the DLS or WBM.
Note: The timer can be terminated by pressing the "Cancel" key.
- The option in DLS to force an update also on phones which are not idle status should not be executed. This procedure may cause temporarily problems with transient features like phone display / display of line status.
- For the registration timer it is recommended using values greater than 300 sec to reduce the message load on the server / proxy side. This applies especially to multiline / keyset configurations.
- The QoS default settings are set to ON (both L2 and L3).
- RTP statistic functionality is not supported yet.
- Multiline / keyset operation: The maximum number of lines is restricted to 10 lines per phone + key modules.
- optiPoint 410/420 S phones require a switched LAN-infrastrcuture. The phone is working in a shared LAN-infrastructure (Hub) too, but without any guarantee of quality.
- The optiPoint 410/420 S phone is to be connected to a 100MB full duplex network. The phone is working also on 10MB, but without a guarantee of quality (e.g. PoE is not working properly)
- LAN Ports connectivity:
- Port 1 = Network (straight or crossed cable)
- Port 2 = PC (straight cable)
- Power over Ethernet is applicable, if Port 1 is used with a straight cable.
- If phone is powered locally and via PoE the power class detection is disabled. Phone will request in this case Power-class 0 (default) to the switch.
Mobility / DLS
- The DN of a mobile user is displayed during the mobile user is logged on. There is an indication that a mobile user is logged in.
- The basic number of the phone is unavailable during the login period of a mobile user. Equivalent to this the mobile user is unavailable when logged out. It is recommended to use server based call forwarding features for mobile enabled devices and mobile users.
- Supported devices: all display models of optiPoint 4x0; optiPoint 410 entry S does not support mobility.
- Extension Login limited to an extension length of 6 digits.
- For restrictions / feature descriptions please have a look on the DLS
- Can I move a Mobile User between an optiPoint and an OpenStage telephone and vice versa?
- Cross mobility is released with the following restriction: Mobility between OpenStage and optiPoint410/420 phones is released with OpenStage SW version V2R0.16.0 and higher but please take notice of some minor restrictions/ details to be taken into account (see information below). With OpenStage SW version V2R0.16.0 and higher the "mobility log-on/ log-off" is released for mobile users logging in or off from any OpenStage SIP to optiPoint 410/420 SIP and vice versa. However: There are a few details and shortcomings to be taken into account when it comes to creating a mobile user in DLS and the interworking of default settings especially for multi-line appearance (position of the keys while using mobility and the key layout). In order to both understand and gain an overview on details to be taken into account please refer to the "Cross Mobility" document
SIP Mobility User - optiPoint and OpenStage Regression Test.
optiPoint display module
- Note: optiPoint 410/420 S V7.0 does not support the optiPoint display module
Firmware and configuration files
- The firmware is available as .app files and can be downloaded to the phone via FTP. For details see firmware / software.
- The firmware is available also as *.fli to use by NetBoot server (together with the TFTP server). For this procedure see the NetBoot manual.
- If the Platform software (netboot.fli) requires upgrading, it is necessary to use the NetBoot server (together with the TFTP server). For this procedure see the NetBoot manual. Beginning with V7 R4.1.0 it's possible to upgrade the netboot application via a normal FTP-server.
- MOH files download is possible in principle, but not supported with the current SIP phone versions.
- The configuration of an optiPoint 410/420 S V7.0 can be stored to/restored from a FTP-server via WBM-access. This file can be viewed and edited with a normal text editor.
- Changes were made under the audio options in the config menue. With Version V6.0 R0.62.0 the settings seize is only for handsfree mode and not longer for the handset and headset
Mode Room characteristic Environment Mode 3 (Muffled) Room contains mostly soft surfaces, lots of fabric on furniture, walls and floor. Quiet room. Mode 1 (Normal) Room contains mixed surfaces on the walls, desk and floor. A mixed surface will be where carpet is on the floor, painted walls and soft furniture. Normal room with a little backround noise. Mode 2 (Echoic) Room contains hard surfaces on the walls, desk and floor where sound can easily echo. Loud Room with many backround noise, like at callcenters (disturb signall the same as wanted signal).
- The external devices (i.e. headset/loudspeaker via acoustic adaptor) are not supported with G.722 codec. If an acoustic adapter is mounted, only G.711,G723 and G729 audio codec can be used.
- High quality ring tones are not available.
- Audio loopback test does not work.
- The Acoustic adapter does not work with Power over Ethernet. To use the Adapter, the external power supply is required.
- optiPoint 410/420 S - the portal page of the telephone family
- optiPoint 410/420 S FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint 410/420 S interoperability matrix - comparative table of supported platform versions
- optiPoint 410/420 S Release Notes - information about new software features, corrected bugs, known issues
- optiPoint 410/420 S software features - list of local, network and centralized call features
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V7.0 - feature overview to SIP V7.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0 - feature overview to SIP V6.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S setup with several Provider - detailed information about Provider specific configuration
- optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0 - distinctions while upgrading optiPoint 410/420 S to SIP V6.0
- optiPoint 410/420 S firmware upgrade procedure - procedure description of how to upgrade the firmware
- optiPoint 410/420 S factory reset - this How To describes the procedure of a reset to factory defaults