The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The optiPoint 410/420 phone family consists of a wide range of optiPoint CorNet IP (HFA) phones, from optiPoint 410 entry for basic telephony to optiPoint 420 advance for high-volume callers with sophisticated needs.
|optiPoint 410 entry|| optiPoint 410 economy
optiPoint 410 economy plus
optiPoint 410 standard
|optiPoint 410 advance|
| optiPoint 420 economy
optiPoint 420 economy plus
optiPoint 420 standard
|optiPoint 420 advance|
- 1 Phone range
- 2 Documentation
- 3 Platforms / Systems
- 4 Firmware / Software
- 5 End of Life information
- 6 Mass deployment
- 7 Add-on devices, Adapters and Accessories
- 8 End of Life Information for optiPoint 410/420 HFA phones
- 9 See also
- 10 References
All phones of this phone family have a common feature set (listed below) and additional features per model.
- HFA support for platforms HiPath 2000, HiPath 3000, HiPath 4000 and HiPath 5000
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af or external power supply (EU, US and UK power adapters)
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- Remote administration via Web-based management, HiPath Deployment Service
- Codecs G.711, G.723.1A, G.729AB and G.722 wideband codec
- Open listening
- Freely programmable feature keys
- 2 keys (plus/minus) for volume settings
- Keypad with 12 keys
- Dialog keys (optiGuide) for navigation / feature control (except 410 entry)
- Wall-mountable (seperate bracket required)
- Housing color: manganese (dark) or arctic (bright)
There are two product lines available: optiPoint 410 and optiPoint 420. The difference is that the optiPoint 410 models support paper labels for the programable feature keys, whilst the optiPoint 420 models provide self-labeling keys.
Within the optiPoint 410 and optiPoint 420 family, the user can choose among different hardware models:
|Phone model||Display|| Self-labeling
| Full duplex
| USB master|
|optiPoint 410 entry||-||-||-||8||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 410 economy||2-line, tiltable||-||3||12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 410 economy plus||2-line, tiltable||-||3||12||-||Yes||-||-||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 410 standard||2-line, backlit, tiltable||-||3||12||Yes||Yes||Yes||2||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 410 advance||4-line, backlit, tiltable||-||3||18||Yes||Yes||Yes||1||Yes||Hardware related|
|optiPoint 420 economy||2-line, tiltable||Yes||3||12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 420 economy plus||2-line, tiltable||Yes||3||12||-||Yes||-||-||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 420 standard||2-line, backlit, tiltable||Yes||3||12||Yes||Yes||Yes||2||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 420 advance||4-line, backlit, tiltable||Yes||3||18||Yes||Yes||Yes||1||Yes||Hardware related|
All optiPoint phones are shipped with a printed document providing brief instruction regarding installation and operation. For both user and administrators, a comprehensive and updated documentation is provided as PDF files. Depending on the system environment, the user may choose between HiPath 2000 and HiPath 4000 specific documentation.
User Manuals HiPath 2000, HiPath 3000, HiPath 5000
- User Manual optiPoint 410 entry HP2000-HP3000-HP5000
- User Manual optiPoint 410 HP2000-HP3000-HP5000
- User Manual optiPoint 410 advance HP2000-HP3000-HP5000
- User Manual optiPoint 420 HP2000-HP3000-HP5000
- User Manual optiPoint 420 advance HP2000-HP3000-HP5000
User Manuals HiPath 4000
- User Manual optiPoint 410 entry HP4000
- User Manual optiPoint 410 HP4000
- User Manual optiPoint 410 advance HP4000
- User Manual optiPoint 420 HP4000
- User Manual optiPoint 420 advance HP4000
Administration Manual HiPath 2000, HiPath 3000, HiPath 4000, HiPath 5000
- Datasheet optiPoint 410 HFA
- Datasheet optiPoint 420 HFA
- Datenblatt optiPoint 410 HFA
- Datenblatt optiPoint 420 HFA
- CE certificates
- IEEE 802.1X Configuration Management
- IEEE 802.1X Konfigurations-Management
- Quality data MIB
Platforms / Systems
|Siemens HiPath 2000||Pure IP-Switch||t.b.d.|
|Siemens HiPath 3000/5000||Hybrid Switch/IP-Softswitch||t.b.d.|
For detailed interoperability information please check Software version and Interoperability sections on this page.
Firmware / Software
The firmware provides encryption capabilities. Hence its distribution must follow legal requirements which do not allow unrestricted SW distribution via the Internet. The firmware is only provided by Siemens technicians or by official Siemens Partners. Customers with self-care contracts will have access to SW within the SEBA Web portal (login required).
The firmware of the optiPoint 410/420 phones comprises two components:
- netboot - This component provides low level features (like Boot process, LAN connectivity). This component is not changed once a phone has been produced and/or is in operation. However, new features may be provided during the ongoing development and production process of the optiPoint phones.
- application - This component contains all features for call handling, signalling, audio control, user interface and language support. It is continuously developed and this takes takes place:
- version based, introducing significant features or feature packages
- update based, introducing limited features or feature enhancements
- based on Software Maintenance Release, providing fault corrections
Application SW can be downloaded to the phone via FTP.
Current software releases
- The actual Application software without SPE support is optiPoint 410/420 V5 R4.6.0.
- The actual Application software with SPE support is optiPoint 410/420 V5 R6.1.0.
|optiPoint 410/420 phones with V5 R5.5.0 Application software (pre)installed by Factory don't need to be downgraded: no issues will arise when upgrading them to a newer Application software version!|
To get an overview of all release notes for the optiPoint 410/420 family see the history of all Release Notes.
See also optiPoint 410/420 V5.1 information about the actual version V5.1 of optiPoint 410/420 family.
For detailed interoperability information please check optiPoint 410/420 interoperability matrix.
End of Life information
Information as of 30/09/2006:
- V2.x has been phased-out 12/2004
- V3.x and V4.x have never exist
- V5.0 has been phased-out
- V5.1 is available since 03/2005
See Mass Deployment.
Add-on devices, Adapters and Accessories
- optiPoint modules:
- optiPoint adapters:
- See also optiPoint adapters.
End of Life Information for optiPoint 410/420 HFA phones
- 30. Sep. 2010 Order Stop for the optiPoint 410/420 HFA phones
- 30. Sep. 2010 Order Stop for Expansions (optiPoint self labeling key module, optiPoint 410/420 handsets)
- Note: The other Expansions (optiPoint wall mounting set, optiPoint recorder adapter, optiPoint acoustic adapter, optiPoint busy lamp field, optiPoint signature module, optiPoint application module, optiPoint key module, optiPoint stand) are also used along with optiPoint 500 and will be phased out together with optiPoint 500
- 30. Sep. 2012 End of Hardware and Software Support
- 31. Dec. 2013 End of Product Activities
- optiPoint 410/420 - the portal page of the telephone family
- optiPoint 410/420 interoperability matrix - comparative table of supported platform versions
- optiPoint 410/420 Release Notes - information about new software features, corrected bugs, known issues
- optiPoint 410/420 V5.1 information - information to optiPoint 410/420 V5.1
- optiPoint 410/420 CorNet IP (HFA) to SIP migration - upgrading CorNet IP V5.1.2x to SIP V6.0.56 and later
- optiPoint power supply and PoE classes
- optiPoint SIP compatibility
- optiPoint 410/420 FAQ (de)
- Key Labelling Tool
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
Upon the following hardware revisions the optiPoint 4x0 advance does not longer have an USB-port. This hardware revision must be used with software version optiPoint 410/420 V5 R5.6.0 (or higher).
- S30817-S7204-A101-26 (optiPoint 410 advance arctic)
- S30817-S7204-A107-31 (optiPoint 410 advance mangan)
- S30817-S7207-A101-26 (optiPoint 420 advance arctic)
- S30817-S7207-A107-24 (optiPoint 420 advance mangan)