optiPoint application module
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Please visit Devices to get further information about the current product portfolio.
The optiPoint application module is a powerful add-on module with colour touch screen (320x240 pixel QVGA, 4096 colors) and an alphanumeric keyboard. The module can be connected to different phones of the optiPoint family.
Due to Phase-out (End of life) of the optiPoint display module, the optiPoint application module is the replacement product.<br\>It provides more then all the features provided by optiPoint display module and has a color touch screen and an integrated alphanumeric mini-keyboard, as well as directory links and other features that enable the creation on personal converged applications.
The optiPoint application module does not support SIP hence, there is no support on the OpenScape Voice or BroadSoftand Sylantro environments.
The optiPoint application module is compatible with the telephones shown in the table below. IP-phones (optiPoint 410/420) support the full range of applications, the optiPoint 500 models just the electronic notebook. A local power supply unit is required for the module.
Basically two sorts of applications are supported:
The "most-wanted" office applications on telephones
- ENB - local telephone book
- Voice dialing - dialing by just saying the name
- LDAP - access your corporate directory
Built-in application platforms
These three technologies offer a convenient way to access public information/application in the internet or your corporate network or provide your own specific business applications on your phone.
- Java - local applications
- WAP/WML - access standard internet based applications
- XML - best choice for your dedicated business applications
|Phone model||ENB||Voice dialing||LDAP||WML||Java||XML|
|optiPoint 410 standard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 410 advance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 420 standard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 420 advance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 500 basic||Yes||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|optiPoint 500 standard||Yes||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|optiPoint 500 advance||Yes||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
XML, WAP/WML and Java are technologies on which 3rd party application developers area can provide useful business applications on IP-phones.
To support optiPoint application module with optiPoint 500 a specific patch in HiPath platforms is required.
- XML-suppport was introduced since optiPoint 410/420 V5 R0.34.0 (as of November 2006)
The table below provides informations about which device hardware version is supported by optiPoint application module software V01.07.
|Supported device||Part number||Device version|
|optiPoint 410 standard (arctic)||S30817-S7203-A101-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 410 standard (mangan)||S30817-S7203-A107-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 420 standard (arctic)||S30817-S7211-A101-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 420 standard (mangan)||S30817-S7211-A107-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 410 advance (arctic)||S30817-S7204-A101-x||x >= 9|
|optiPoint 410 advance (mangan)||S30817-S7204-A107-x||x >= 14|
|optiPoint 420 advance (arctic)||S30817-S7207-A101-x||x >= 8|
|optiPoint 420 advance (mangan)||S30817-S7207-A107-x||x >= 6|
|optiPoint 500 basic (arctic)||S30817-S7102-A101-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 basic (mangan)||S30817-S7102-A107-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 standard (arctic)||S30817-S7103-A101-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 standard (mangan)||S30817-S7103-A107-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 advance (arctic)||S30817-S7104-A101-x||x >= 8|
|optiPoint 500 advance (mangan)||S30817-S7104-A107-x||x >= 8|
|optiPoint application module (arctic)||S30817-S7214-A101-x||x = 4|
|optiPoint application module (mangan)||S30817-S7214-A107-x||x = 4|
The latest optiPoint application module software version available is V01.07.
|Version||Release date||Software image|
Resource sharing application
This is a PC application, which makes it possible to use your mouse and keyboard as input/pointing devices for the optiPoint application module.
This application is not longer officially supported by Siemens.
- optiPoint application module - the portal page of this accessory
- optiPoint application module FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint application module WAP applications overview - general information to WAP applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure WAP - how to configure WAP on APM
- optiPoint application module Programming WML applications - WML applications programming description
- optiPoint application module JAVA applications overview - general information to JAVA applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure JAVA - how to configure Java on APM
- optiPoint application module How to configure LDAP - how to configure LDAP on APM
- optiPoint application module XML applications overview - general information to XML applications
- optiPoint display module
- XML Applications on optiPoint application module
- How to access XML applications