optiPoint application module JAVA applications overview
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Java comes in different flavours / footprints. In this phone product the J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) is implemented, like in mobile phone. Thus many programs written for mobile phones can be used on this module.
SPECIAL Java DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee that any mobile phone Java application will properly work on application module. Very often programs make usage of specific HW-specific functions (e.g. keys), which are not supported by this module.
- Java 2 Micro edition (J2ME)
- MIDP 1.0 (v1.0.3) - Mobile Information Device Profile
- CLDC 1.0 - Connected Limited Device Configuration
- KVM 1.0.4 - Kilo Virtual Machine
- Three additional Java classes (Make Call, Select language, access local telephonebook)
- Size of SDK: 31 MB
- SDK based on Sun's Wireless Toolkit V1.3.1_01
- used JDK version: 1.3.1_08
If you are accessing the internet via a proxy (like in Stock Ticker demo), don't forget to set Java Gateway and port properly.
- optiPoint application module - the portal page of this accessory
- optiPoint application module FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint application module WAP applications overview - general information to WAP applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure WAP - how to configure WAP on APM
- optiPoint application module Programming WML applications - WML applications programming description
- optiPoint application module JAVA applications overview - general information to JAVA applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure JAVA - how to configure Java on APM
- optiPoint application module How to configure LDAP - how to configure LDAP on APM
- optiPoint application module XML applications overview - general information to XML applications