optiPoint application module XML applications overview
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Please visit Devices to get further information about the current product portfolio.
Server based XML-applications can be accessed by the user using the optiPoint application module, which has a built-in XML parser.
The optiPoint application module with its 320x240 pixels color screen and its alphanumeric keyboard can be seen as an additional (beside a PC-browser) front-end to display and access web-content. It follows the very well-known client-server principle, where central internet content (Webserver) can be accessed by a PC-based browser. This is an easy way for web-developers to make their applications available for a telephone-display too.
There are hardly any special skills needed to write XML-based phone applications for the optiPoint application module. The only difference comes inherently with XML, which makes a better usage of the graphical capabilities of a telephone screen.
Like HTML is targeted for PC browsers and WML best for small mobile-phone displays, the custom-made XML for the optiPoint application module is optimal to represent web-content on phone displays.
Using the IppAssistant (graphical user interface for HiPath Xpressions) by optiPoint application module:
- Presence demo
- Slide show
- Online Tutorial
- Application: Caller Screening
- Additional Innovative XML Applications
- optiPoint application module - the portal page of this accessory
- optiPoint application module FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint application module WAP applications overview - general information to WAP applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure WAP - how to configure WAP on APM
- optiPoint application module Programming WML applications - WML applications programming description
- optiPoint application module JAVA applications overview - general information to JAVA applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure JAVA - how to configure Java on APM
- optiPoint application module How to configure LDAP - how to configure LDAP on APM
- optiPoint application module XML applications overview - general information to XML applications
- How to access sample XML applications
- 3rd party application developers
Tutorials / Knowledge Base
- Altova: XML developmet tools, e.g. XML spy
- Stylus Studio: XML Editing Tools
- eclipse Magazin: Eclipse Plug-in Collection