Application: Caller Screening
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
One of the favorite application for telephony at all, is a Caller ID screening. This application provides additional caller information derived from the incoming numeric Caller ID. This information can be a picture of the caller, location, mobile number, company name, address, contract status, etc ...
This information can be pushed to the phone and is shown during ringing state. Therefore even the call is picked up, the called party can get easily additional information associated to the caller.
- PBX, like HiPath 2000, 3000/5000, 4000
- Common application platform (CAP)
- IP-phones, like optiPoint 410/420 std/adv
- optiPoint application module connected to IP-phones
- Database server, e.g. Active Directory
- Webserver, e.g. Apache to provide XML-content to IP-phones
- XML-application itself (can run on CAP-server or Database/Webserver)
Architecture of solution
The procedure is as follows:
- CAP connected the PBX monitores the lines of selected users
- In case of an call: CAP can provide the Caller-ID to an application
- This application queries a database, e.g. active directory
- Database provides data-record containing additional caller information back to the application
- application formats this data-content best suited for the optiPoint application module and pushes as XML-file to the phone
- application module displays information on its color screen
pls add here:
- XML application code
- Configuring CAP
- Configuring Active directory