Difference between revisions of "optiPoint application module"
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
(→Built-in application platforms)
|Line 101:||Line 101:|
XML, WAP/WML and Java are technologies on which [[3rd party application developers|3rd party application developers area]] can provide useful business applications on
XML, WAP/WML and Java are technologies on which [[3rd party application developers|3rd party application developers area]] can provide useful business applications on IP-phones.
== Supported platforms ==
== Supported platforms ==
Revision as of 20:12, 31 October 2013
The optiPoint application module is a powerful add-on module with colour touch screen (320x240 pixel QVGA, 4096 colors) and an alphanumeric keyboard. The module can be connected to different phones of the optiPoint family.
Due to Phase-out (End of life) of the optiPoint display module, the optiPoint application module is the replacement product.<br\>It provides more then all the features provided by optiPoint display module and has a color touch screen and an integrated alphanumeric mini-keyboard, as well as directory links and other features that enable the creation on personal converged applications.
The optiPoint application module is compatible with the telephones shown in the table below. IP-phones (optiPoint 410/420) support the full range of applications, the optiPoint 500 models just the electronic notebook. A local power supply unit is required for the module.
Basically two sorts of applications are supported:
The "most-wanted" office applications on telephones
- ENB - local telephone book
- Voice dialing - dialing by just saying the name
- LDAP - access your corporate directory
Built-in application platforms
These three technologies offer a convenient way to access public information/application in the internet or your corporate network or provide your own specific business applications on your phone.
- Java - local applications
- WAP/WML - access standard internet based applications
- XML - best choice for your dedicated business applications
|Phone model||ENB||Voice dialing||LDAP||WML||Java||XML|
|optiPoint 410 standard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 410 advance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 420 standard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 420 advance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 500 basic||Yes||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|optiPoint 500 standard||Yes||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|optiPoint 500 advance||Yes||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
XML, WAP/WML and Java are technologies on which 3rd party application developers area can provide useful business applications on IP-phones.
To support optiPoint application module with optiPoint 500 a specific patch in HiPath platforms is required.
- XML-suppport was introduced since optiPoint 410/420 V5 R0.34.0 (as of November 2006)
The table below provides informations about which device hardware version is supported by optiPoint application module software V01.07.
|Supported device||Part number||Device version|
|optiPoint 410 standard (arctic)||S30817-S7203-A101-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 410 standard (mangan)||S30817-S7203-A107-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 420 standard (arctic)||S30817-S7211-A101-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 420 standard (mangan)||S30817-S7211-A107-x||x >= ?|
|optiPoint 410 advance (arctic)||S30817-S7204-A101-x||x >= 9|
|optiPoint 410 advance (mangan)||S30817-S7204-A107-x||x >= 14|
|optiPoint 420 advance (arctic)||S30817-S7207-A101-x||x >= 8|
|optiPoint 420 advance (mangan)||S30817-S7207-A107-x||x >= 6|
|optiPoint 500 basic (arctic)||S30817-S7102-A101-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 basic (mangan)||S30817-S7102-A107-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 standard (arctic)||S30817-S7103-A101-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 standard (mangan)||S30817-S7103-A107-x||x >= 7|
|optiPoint 500 advance (arctic)||S30817-S7104-A101-x||x >= 8|
|optiPoint 500 advance (mangan)||S30817-S7104-A107-x||x >= 8|
|optiPoint application module (arctic)||S30817-S7214-A101-x||x = 4|
|optiPoint application module (mangan)||S30817-S7214-A107-x||x = 4|
The latest optiPoint application module software version available is V01.07.
|Version||Release date||Software image|
Resource sharing application
This is a PC application, which makes it possible to use your mouse and keyboard as input/pointing devices for the optiPoint application module.
This application is not longer officially supported by Siemens.
- optiPoint application module - the portal page of this accessory
- optiPoint application module FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint application module WAP applications overview - general information to WAP applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure WAP - how to configure WAP on APM
- optiPoint application module Programming WML applications - WML applications programming description
- optiPoint application module JAVA applications overview - general information to JAVA applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure JAVA - how to configure Java on APM
- optiPoint application module How to configure LDAP - how to configure LDAP on APM
- optiPoint application module XML applications overview - general information to XML applications
- optiPoint display module
- XML Applications on optiPoint application module
- How to access XML applications
- e-flyer optiPoint application module