optiPoint 410/420 S
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The optiPoint 410/420 S phone family consists of a wide range of optiPoint SIP phones, from optiPoint 410 entry S for basic telephony to optiPoint 420 advance S for high-volume callers with sophisticated needs.
|optiPoint 410 entry S|| optiPoint 410 economy S
optiPoint 410 economy plus S
optiPoint 410 standard S
|optiPoint 410 advance S|
| optiPoint 420 economy S
optiPoint 420 economy plus S
optiPoint 420 standard S
|optiPoint 420 advance S|
- 1 Phone range
- 2 Documentation
- 3 Firmware / Software
- 4 End of Life information
- 5 Mass deployment
- 6 Add-on devices, Adapters and Accessories
- 7 How To
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
All phones of this phone family have a common feature set (listed below) and additional features per model.
- SIP support according to RFC 3261
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af or external power supply (EU, US and UK power adapters)
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) / Third party call control
- Remote administration via Web-based management, HiPath Deployment Service or XML files
- Codecs G.711, G.723.1A, G.729AB and G.722 wideband codec
- Open listening
- Freely programmable feature keys
- 2 keys (plus/minus) for volume settings
- Keypad with 12 keys
- Dialog keys (optiGuide) for navigation / feature control (except 410 entry)
- Wall-mountable (seperate bracket required)
- Housing color: manganese (dark) or arctic (bright)
There are two product lines available: optiPoint 410 S and optiPoint 420 S. The difference is that the 410 S models support paper labels for the programable feature keys, whilst the 420 S provide self-labeling keys (LCD).
Within the optiPoint 410 S and optiPoint 420 S family, the user can choose among different hardware models:
|Phone model||Display|| Self-labeling
| Full duplex
| USB master|
|optiPoint 410 entry S||-||-||-||8||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 410 economy S||2-line, tiltable||-||3||12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 410 economy plus S||2-line, tiltable||-||3||12||-||Yes||-||-||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 410 standard S||2-line, backlit, tiltable||-||3||12||Yes||Yes||Yes||2||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 410 advance S||4-line, backlit, tiltable||-||3||19||Yes||Yes||Yes||1||Yes||Yes|
|optiPoint 420 economy S||2-line, tiltable||Yes||3||12||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|optiPoint 420 economy plus S||2-line, tiltable||Yes||3||12||-||Yes||-||-||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 420 standard S||2-line, backlit, tiltable||Yes||3||12||Yes||Yes||Yes||2||Yes||-|
|optiPoint 420 advance S||4-line, backlit, tiltable||Yes||3||18||Yes||Yes||Yes||1||Yes||Yes|
- General overview on platforms / systems:
|HiPath 2000||Pure IP-Switch|
|HiPath 3000/5000||Hybrid Switch/IP-Softswitch|
|HiPath 8000||IP-Softswitch||optiPoint connectivity to HiPath 8000|
|Siemens SURPASS Hosted Office / hiQ 4200 / hiQ8000||IP-Softswitch (carrier grade)|
|BroadSoft||IP-Softswitch (carrier-grade)||optiPoint connectivity to Broadsoft|
|Sylantro||IP-Softswitch (carrier grade)||optiPoint connectivity to Sylantro|
|Asterisk||Open Source IP-Softswitch||Admin Manual optiPoint 410-420 Asterisk|
For detailed interoperability information please check Software version and Interoperability sections on this page.
Connectivity to several VoIP providers is supported.
For configuration hints see the How To article setting up the optiPoint 410/420 SIP with a VoIP provider.
All optiPoint phones are shipped with a printed document providing brief instruction regarding installation and operation. For both user and administrators, a comprehensive and updated documentation is provided as PDF files. Depending on the system environment, the user may choose between HiPath 8000, BroadSoft and Sylantro specific documentation.
User Manuals HiPath 8000 environment
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 entry S
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 economy S, economy plus S, standard S
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 advance S
User Manuals BroadSoft environment
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 economy S, economy plus S, standard S - BroadSoft
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 advance S BroadSoft S
User Manuals Sylantro environment
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 economy S, economy plus S, standard S - Sylantro
- User Manual optiPoint 410-420 advance S Sylantro S
Administration Manuals HiPath 8000, BroadSoft, Sylantro, Asterisk
- Administration Manual optiPoint 410-420 S family
- Admin Manual 802.1x optiPoint 410-420 family
- Admin Anleitung 802.1x optiPoint 410-420 Familie
- Admin Manual XML-Management optiPoint 410-420 V6.0
- Admin Manual optiPoint 410-420 Asterisk
- Deployment-Service en
Firmware / Software
The SIP firmware provides encryption capabilities. Hence its distribution must follow legal requirements which do not allow unrestricted SW distribution via the Internet. The firmware is only provided by Siemens technicians or by official Siemens Partners. Customers with self-care contracts will have access to SW within the SEBA Web portal (login required).
The firmware of the optiPoint SIP phones comprises two components:
- netboot - This component provides low level features (like Boot process, LAN connectivity). This component is not changed once a phone has been produced and/or is in operation. However, new features may be provided during the ongoing development and production process of the optiPoint phones.
- application - This component contains all features for call handling, signalling, audio control, user interface and language support. It is continuously developed and this takes takes place:
- version based, introducing significant features or feature packages
- update based, introducing limited features or feature enhancements
- based on Software Maintenance Release, providing fault corrections
Current software releases
The actual V6.0 Application software is optiPoint 410/420 SIP V6.0 R3.68.0.
Due to Bug (NA02884341).
This bug can occour sporadically after upgrade process from application versions between V6 R1.65.0 and V6 R1.65.7 or from version V6 R2.66.0: the available Hotfix was released with V6.0 R2.66.1.
The optiPoint 4x0 SIP phones family with application versions between V6 R1.64.0 and V6 R1.64.8 can safely be upgraded to that latest version V6 R2.66.0 because not affected by this bug.
The actual V7.0 Application software is optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R0.10.0 tested only for usage with HiPath 8000 V3.0 R1.0.7 and newer software versions.
|Version||Release||Release date||Release note||Notes|
|V7.0||R0.10.0||09/06/2007||optiPoint 410/420 SIP V7.0 R0.10.0|
To get an overview of all release notes for the optiPoint 410/420 SIP family see the history of all Release Notes.
See also general information about the actual version V6.0 of optiPoint 410/420 SIP family.
For detailed interoperability information please check optiPoint 410/420 S interoperability matrix.
End of Life information
Information as of 30.05.2007
- V4.0 has been phased-out 05/2005
- V4.1 has been phased-out
- 05.03.2007 Order Stop
- 31.05.2007 End of Product Activities
- V5.0 has been phased-out
- 29/12/2006 End of Product Activities
- V6.0 is still available, but will be replaced by V7.0. The End of Life planning for V6.0 has been started.
- V7.0 is available
What do we mean with “deployment”?
The installation of an IP phone in general requires integrating the phone into an IP infrastructure specific to the customer’s or user’s needs. This integration normally requires some activities on all components involved, i.e. on the IP phone and on other components like application servers and routers.
Additionally to the hardware related tasks like providing LAN cables and setting up the necessary power supply, this integration also covers adapting the IP phone to the individual customer configuration by setting various parameters to appropriate values. In this article we will use the term “deployment” for this task, including the provisioning of new software to the IP phone. Sometimes the term “provisioning” is used instead of “deployment”.
Individual phones can be easily set up using the local menue and the keypad or - more comfortable and even remotely - the phone's web administration. Larger companies or voice service providers have to install and maintain hundreds or thousands of phones, requiring mass deployment capabilities.
Mass deployment – how it works
IP terminals offer a range of functions and characteristics that were unknown or technically impossible in analog or early digital system environments (for example, ISDN). But increased product flexibility requires more complex technology. For this reason, it is essential that VoIP devices be optimally configured for users while at the same time expenditure (costs, time, training) must be kept to a minimum for service providers. Different scenarios have different requirements. However the following factors are critical for all solutions:
- Minimum network intervention or modification
- No inflexible or costly preconfiguration at the terminal
- No or minimum (one-off) user activities
There are two main scenarios:
Add-on devices, Adapters and Accessories
- optiPoint modules:
- optiPoint adapters:
- See also optiPoint adapters.
- Update or upgrade optiPoint SIP phones
- Migrate optiPoint 410/420 CorNet IP (HFA) phones to SIP
- Factory reset optiPoint 410/420 S phones
- Set up a Manager / Secretary installation with HiPath 8000
- Using DSS keys with BroadSoft Rel.13
- Set up a secure XML configuration download environment
- How to add my personal Music on Hold (MoH) to the phone
- How to setup SNMP supervision for error and QoS tracking
- How to easily trace the SIP messages
Additional task descriptions with links to corresponding procedures in the How To article(s)
- optiPoint 410/420 End User Tutorial (Internet Explorer required)
- optiPoint 410/420 S FAQ
- PoE classes of optiPoint phones
- optiPoint SIP compatibility
- Overview: Supported SIP standards
- Key Labelling Tool