DLS Mass Deployment
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The OpenScape Deployment Service (DLS) is best suited for mass deployment scenarios with the characteristics like:
- Communication solutions sized for medium-size and large businesses (i.e.installations typically ranging from 1000 - 10,000 subscribers).
- A stronger focus on internal communication performance, in other words the company runs key IT components itself. A typical example of this scenario is a OpenScape Voice realtime communication system installed in a company’s data center.
- Trained and skilled personnel available (IT, LAN and server operation), company-performed maintenance
Using DLS requires a few things like ...
- a server hosting the application with its components (e.g. integrated database)
- clients to log-in (either on desktop PC or mobile computers)
- DHCP provided in the LAN (supporting option 43 for plug & play)
- If DHCP option 43 is not available (e.g. cloud deployments) pls. send us an e-mail us for additional information