optiPoint 410/420 Firmware and Application software upload with NetBoot server
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
- The firmware (also netboot) of the telephone is no longer up to date,
- The telephone no longer boots and therefore is no longer accessible via the Web interface or
- The application software is to be updated but the telephone is not accessible via the usual user interfaces.
The following can be transferred:
- The current or replacement application software with the extension
- A new NetBoot version of the telephone firmware if applicable (e.g.
netboot201.flifor SIP or
It is possible to overwrite both SIP software with HFA software and HFA software with SIP software.
You need modules with at least the hardware versions listed under SIP V6.0 optiPoint compatibility in order to update telephones in the optiPoint 410/420 family for use under SIP V6.0. HFA updates (firmware and application) can be performed on all model versions of the optiPoint 410/420 family.
You need the following to complete the download:
- A PC with a LAN connection,
- The relevant telephone from the optiPoint 410/420 family,
- A TFTP server (e.g. the 3CDaemon from 3Com),
- The NetBoot server program for the PC (you will find the program on the SEBA Web portal under the relevant heading - login required) and
- The data for installation (see above).
- Install the NetBoot and the TFTP server on the PC, if this has not already been done.
- Fetch the files to be transferred or have them at the ready (you will find the data on the SEBA Web portal under the relevant heading - login required).
Configuring the TFTP server
Start the TFTP server. Click Configure TFTP Server, select the TFTP Configuration tab and under Upload/Download directory specify the directory in which the files for installation are stored.
Configuring the Netboot server
Start the NetBoot server. You will see the following window:
Adding an entry
Click Add Entry in the main window in the Database menu. The following dialog opens:
Provide the following information:
- Alias: Specify a freely definable alias name for this entry, for example
optiPoint 410 economy plus S.
- MAC Address > Single Address: Enter the MAC address of the telephone.
The MAC address is imprinted on the underside of the optiPoint telephone as Ser.No.:
- Tick Active.
- IP Address > Fixed Address: Enter the IP address the telephone should have after being started in Netboot mode.
- Boot File: Specify the file that is to be loaded. This can either be an application or a new NetBoot version, for example:
Click OK to apply the changes.
Defining general properties
Click the Properties option in the main window in the Database menu. The following dialog opens:
- Network Mask: Specify the subnet mask valid in your LAN.
Click Firmware Update. The following dialog opens:
- TFTP Server IP Address: Specify the IP address of the TFTP server.
- Boot Image Search Path: Specify a path for the file if applicable, starting from the server root.
Click OK to apply the changes.
All preparations are now complete. You can now perform the update.
Executing the application or NetBoot update
If power is supplied to the telephone via a power supply unit:
- Connect the phone to the LAN.
- Hold down the key on the telephone and connect the power supply for the telephone.
If power is supplied to the telephone via LAN (PoE):
The telephone searches for the NetBoot server, loads the update file from the TFTP server and then boots with the new application or firmware (NetBoot software).
- optiPoint 410/420 S - the portal page of the telephone family
- optiPoint 410/420 S FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint 410/420 S interoperability matrix - comparative table of supported platform versions
- optiPoint 410/420 S Release Notes - information about new software features, corrected bugs, known issues
- optiPoint 410/420 S software features - list of local, network and centralized call features
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V7.0 - feature overview to SIP V7.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0 - feature overview to SIP V6.0 on optiPoint 410/420 S
- optiPoint 410/420 S setup with several Provider - detailed information about Provider specific configuration
- optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0 - distinctions while upgrading optiPoint 410/420 S to SIP V6.0
- optiPoint 410/420 S firmware upgrade procedure - procedure description of how to upgrade the firmware
- optiPoint 410/420 S factory reset - this How To describes the procedure of a reset to factory defaults