The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
|OpenStage 15|| OpenStage 20 E
OpenStage 20 G
| OpenStage 40|
OpenStage 40 G
| OpenStage 60
OpenStage 60 G
| OpenStage 80|
OpenStage 80 G
- OpenStage 15
- OpenStage 20 E, OpenStage 20, OpenStage 20 G
- OpenStage 40, OpenStage 40 G
- OpenStage 60, OpenStage 60 G
- OpenStage 80, OpenStage 80 G
The G means that these phones have a 1000 Mbit Ethernet switch, phones with an E suffix have no full-duplex handsfree talking (open listening is available).
- 1 Phone range
- 2 Documentation
- 3 Firmware / Software
- 4 Personalisation
- 5 OpenStage Manager
- 6 Mass deployment
- 7 Add-On devices, Adapters and Accessories
- 8 Important HW/SW Dependency Information
- 9 External links
- 10 See also
The OpenStage family have a wide common feature set (listed below) and additional features per model (specified for each phone model).
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af or external power supply (EU, US and UK power adapters)
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) / Third party call control
- Remote administration via Web-based management, HiPath Deployment Service or XML files
- Supported Codecs:
- Full-duplex hands-free talking (except OpenStage 20 E: open listening only)
- 2 ports 10/100Base-T built-in Ethernet switch (except OpenStage 20/40/60/80 G: 1000 Mbit Ethernet switch)
- Tiltable display
- External applications integrated into phone user interface:
- XML API for OpenStage 60 and OpenStage 80 (available since SW version V2 R0)
- Keypad with 12 keys
- Various housing colors and materials from model to model (ice blue, lava, silver blue metallic)
|Display features||OpenStage 20||OpenStage 40||OpenStage 60||OpenStage 80|
|Color||Monochrome||Monochrome||16 bit depth||16 bit depth|
|Size||205x41 pixel||240x128 pixel||320x240 pixel (QVGA)||640x480 pixel (VGA)|
|Lines||2 (24 characters)||6 (Graphics)||Graphics||Graphics|
|Keys and LEDs features||OpenStage 20||OpenStage 40||OpenStage 60||OpenStage 80|
|Fixed function keys (Pushbuttons)||7 (5 red LEDs)||8 (6 red LEDs)||6 (5 blue LEDs)||6 (5 blue LEDs)|
|Freely programmable touch keys||0||6 (red LEDs)||8 (blue LEDs)||9 (blue LEDs)|
|Mode keys (touch keys)||0||0||6 (blue LEDs)||6 (blue LEDs)|
|Optical call alert||No||Red LED||Blue LED||Blue LED|
|Volume adjustment||via +/- keys||via +/- keys||via TouchSlider||via TouchSlider|
|Navigation element||3 Ways navigator||5 Ways navigator||TouchGuide||TouchGuide|
- Thereof one can be a Shift Key 2 levels.
- Thereof 2 (Call Log and Message Waiting) with additional white LED to display status changes.
- With blue/white LEDs.
|Application||OpenStage 20||OpenStage 40||OpenStage 60||OpenStage 80|
|Phonebook||System phonebook||System phonebook|| Personal phonebook
Directory access (LDAP)
| Personal phonebook|
Directory access (LDAP)
|Call log / history|
|Interfaces||OpenStage 20||OpenStage 40||OpenStage 60||OpenStage 80|
|Headset jack (121 TR9-5)||No|
- Datasheet OpenStage IP
- User Manual OpenStage 15 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- User Manual OpenStage 20 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- User Manual OpenStage 40 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- User Manual OpenStage 60-80 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- Quick Reference Guide OpenStage 15 HFA-TDM
- Quick Reference Guide OpenStage 20 HFA-TDM
- Quick Reference Guide OpenStage 40 HFA-TDM
- Quick Reference Guide OpenStage 60-80 HFA-TDM
- Administration Manual OpenStage 20-80 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- OpenStage WallMountKit
- Datenblatt OpenStage IP
- Bedienungsanleitung OpenStage 15 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- Bedienungsanleitung OpenStage 20 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- Bedienungsanleitung OpenStage 40 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- Bedienungsanleitung OpenStage 60-80 HFA HP3000-HP5000
- Kurzanleitung OpenStage 15 HFA-TDM
- Kurzanleitung OpenStage 20 HFA-TDM
- Kurzanleitung OpenStage 40 HFA-TDM
- Kurzanleitung OpenStage 60-80 HFA-TDM
Firmware / Software
The HFA firmware provides encryption capabilities. Hence its distribution must follow legal requirements which do not allow unrestricted SW distribution via the Internet. The firmware is only provided by Siemens technicians or by official Siemens Partners. Customers with self-care contracts will have access to SW within the SEBA Web portal (login required).
The Application software of the OpenStage HFA phones can be transferred to the phone:
- using FTP or HTTPS method.
- using Deployment Service (HiPath DLS V1 R2.21.0 necessary).
- using WBM phone interface.
Current software releases
The actual Application software is OpenStage 20/40/60/80 HFA V2 R0.35.0.
|Version||Release||Release date||Release note|
|V2||R0.35.0||12/02/2010||OpenStage HFA V2 R0.35.0|
|V2||R0.20.0||30/09/2009||OpenStage HFA V2 R0.20.0|
|Version||Release||Release date||Release note|
|V1||R3.28.0||22/09/2009||OpenStage HFA V1 R3.28.0|
|V1||R3.25.0||17/08/2009||OpenStage HFA V1 R3.25.0|
|V1||R3.24.0||10/08/2009||OpenStage HFA V1 R3.24.0|
|V1||R3.15.0||31/03/2009||OpenStage HFA V1 R3.15.0|
|V1||R3.10.0||19/01/2009||OpenStage HFA V1 R3.10.0|
|V1||R3.6.0||21/11/2008||OpenStage HFA V1 R3.6.0|
|V1||R1.4.0||07/03/2008||OpenStage HFA V1 R1.4.0|
|V1||R1.2.17||07/03/2008||OpenStage HFA V1 R1.2.17|
|V1||R1.1.14||07/03/2008||OpenStage HFA V1 R1.1.14|
To get an overview of all release notes for the OpenStage HFA family see the history of all Release Notes.
For detailed interoperability information please check OpenStage HFA interoperability matrix.
Downloads your individual pictures in the phones to be used in screen saver mode (similar to an electronic picture frame).
Individual Ringer tones
The OpenStage Manager is a comprehensive and powerful tool for your OpenStage 60 and OpenStage 80 telephone. The main function of the OpenStage Manager is to serve as an interface between your phone and PC, thus enabling convenient phonebook editing on your PC. OpenStage Manager allows you to synchronize contacts in Microsoft Outlook with the contacts in your telephone.
See Mass Deployment.
Add-On devices, Adapters and Accessories
Important HW/SW Dependency Information
Due to a minor hardware redesign of OpenStage 40 phones the hardware versions outlined below require at least a SW version mentioned below. Please do not downgrade the SW on this phone. It already contains a correct SW version.
Affected telephones and SW to be used:
- OpenStage 40 HFA & OpenStage 40G HFA : Please use software version V2R0.35.4 or higher
- OpenStage 40 SIP & OpenStage 40G SIP: Please use software version V2R1.16.0 or higher
The new hardware does not include any functional change or error correction! Caution: If phones with hardware versions outlined below are operated with lower SW versions than indicated above it might be the case that the programmable keys next to the display may seem to be impaired. The following phones (hardware versions) therefore contain the HFA Software V2R0.35.4 respectively the SIP software V2R1.16.0 S30817-S7402-A101-46 (OpenStage 40 SIP ice blue)
- S30817-S7402-A103-28 (OpenStage 40 SIP lava)
- S30817-S7402-D101-21 (OpenStage 40 HFA ice blue)
- S30817-S7402-D103-22 (OpenStage 40 HFA lava)
- S30817-S7402-C101-22 (OpenStage 40G SIP ice blue)
- S30817-S7402-C103-16 (OpenStage 40G SIP lava)
- S30817-S7402-B101-13 (OpenStage 40G HFA ice blue)
- S30817-S7402-B103-14 (OpenStage 40G HFA lava)
- You can visit the OpenStage Tour from the SIEMENS Enterprise web site.
- You can read the SIEMENS Open Communications News Press Release (December 2006) about the released OpenStage family of SIP phones.
- You can have a look to the whole SIP terminal devices families on www.siemens.com/enterprise web site.
- Siemens won the iF product design award 2007 for its OpenStage phone, OpenStage was awarded at iF awards ceremony of iF product design award 2007 during CeBIT fair last 15.03.2007 in Hannover.
- OpenStage - the portal page of the OpenStage telephone family
- OpenStage Training - easy learning to use your feature-rich enterprise phone
- OpenStage Manager - feature description of the PC application for OpenStage
- OpenStage power supply and PoE classes - required power supply and PoE classes of phones and accessories
- OpenStage Hardware Changes and necessary Software Versions - comparative table of supported hardware versions
- OpenStage Bluetooth - OpenStage 60/80 Bluetooth feature information
- OpenStage Accessories - Add-On devices, Adapters and Accessories
- OpenStage Main Navigation - comparative information about the main navigation elements