Features and Configuration of SIP Devices
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Supported SIP features
OpenScape Business provides its extended, rich feature set with OpenStage HFA phones. Many features are also available for standard SIP phones. The features which have been released for OpenStage SIP phones are:
- CLIP (Display the call number or name from caller)
- Consultation (Set the call on hold, phone goes into dial state)
- Call transfer (Call transfer attended, semi-attended and blind)
- Call Forwarding (Call Forwarding Unconditional (CFU), Call Forwarding on Busy (CFB) and Call Forwarding on No Response (CFNR) are configurable at SIP phones)
- Conference (Three-party conference located on the phone, passive member of system conferences)
- MWI (Notification if call or message is recorded)
- DND (Call will be rejected)
- Call waiting (A second call is signaled)
- Group and Basic / Executive MULAP calls (No group call numbers are displayed, only original caller number)
- DTMF (Manage voicemail boxes or auto attendant)
- Distinctive ringing (Different ringtones for internal, external and recall)
- 3rd-party call control (Useable with 3PCC applications e.g. myPortal or Outlook and OpenScape Business controlled conference, available with V1 Step 2)
- Call deflect (Forward ringing call to another destination)
- Call reject
- Groups: The system Feature "group call pickup" activated by service code is supported from OpenScape Business V1R3.
- Some other System features that are operated via service codes e.g. door opener, speed dialing, will be supported from OpenScape Business V1R3.1.
- No MULAP keys are supported for SIP phones. 'Call completed elsewhere' for caller list is supported with the latest OpenStage SIP and Cordeless IP versions.
- SIP terminals cannot be used for OpenScape Business contact center agent.
- An internal SIP phone will hear MoH only, no ringtone, when it is supervised transferred by a second internal party.
- Device specific features, which are not supported by OpenScape Business, shall be disabled in the device as described in the SIP device configuration guide.
- DLI is used used for SW-Updates of OpenStage phones, settings of additional parameters like "Activate second LAN interface", and providing some additional SIP parameters.
SIP Endpoint Configuration within OpenScape Business
Instructions how to administrate OpenScape Business for SIP devices can be found here :
Instruction for configuration of the feature SIP@home can be found within the following document.
- OSBiz SIP Endpoint Configuration for SIP@Home since V2R3
- OSBiz V2 SIP Endpoint Configuration for SIP@Home til V2R2
The Yealink SW version (18.104.22.168) mentioned within the document contains important fixes for the use of this feature in combination with OpenScape Business.
You may download this SW and use this SW only if you agree to the following terms:
If case that you do not agree to the terms you are not allowed to download and to use the SW.
SIP Endpoint Configuration for connection to OpenScape Business
Only the OpenStage SIP phones, OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G, OpenScape Desk Phone IP 55G and Cordeless IP devices are officially released and supported.
All other devices mentioned below have passed a connectivity test but may not support all possible OpenScape Business features.
Device configuration hints and differences in the feature set can be found in the following documents.
SIP Desk Phones
- OSBiz Configuration OpenStage --- OpenStage 5 / 15 / 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 SIP
- OSBiz Configuration OpenScape Desk Phone IP --- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G / 55G
- OSBiz Configuration Gigaset --- Gigaset S450IP / C470IP (Gigaset)
- OSBiz Configuration Grandstream --- Grandstream GXP280 / GXV3140 video phone (Grandstream)
SIP Mobile Devices
SIP Soft Clients
- OSBiz Configuration Media5-fone --- Media5-fone (Media5)
- OSBiz Configuration OpenScape PE
- OSBiz Configuration X-Lite --- CounterPath X-lite (CounterPath)
- OSBiz Configuration 3CXPhone --- 3CXPhone (3CX)
- Additional SIP devices may have been tested within the Technology Partner Program (Partner Portalaccount required).
- For SIP devices at OpenScape Office LX/MX see SIP devices configuration examples