Features and Configuration of SIP Devices
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
OpenScape Business provides its extended, rich feature set with OpenStage HFA phones. Many features are also available for standard SIP phones. The features which have been released for OpenStage SIP phones are:
- CLIP (Display the call number or name from caller)
- Consultation (Set the call on hold, phone goes into dial state)
- Call transfer (Call transfer attended, semi-attended and blind)
- Call Forwarding (Call Forwarding Unconditional (CFU), Call Forwarding on Busy (CFB) and Call Forwarding on No Response (CFNR) are configurable at SIP phones)
- Conference (Three-party conference located on the phone, passive member of system conferences)
- MWI (Notification if call or message is recorded)
- DND (Call will be rejected)
- Call waiting (A second call is signaled)
- Group and Basic / Executive MULAP calls (No group call numbers are displayed, only original caller number)
- DTMF (Manage voicemail boxes or auto attendant)
- Distinctive ringing (Different ringtones for internal, external and recall)
- 3rd-party call control (Useable with 3PCC applications e.g. myPortal or Outlook and OpenScape Business controlled conference, available with V1 Step 2)
- Call deflect (Forward ringing call to another destination)
- Call reject
- System features that are operated via service codes e.g. door opener, speed dialing, directed call pick up or call park cannot be activated or used.
- Groups: SIP devices cannot perform group call pickup. No MULAP keys are supported for SIP phones. 'Call completed elsewhere' for caller list is supported with the latest OpenStage SIP and HiPath Cordeless IP versions.
- SIP terminals cannot be used for OpenScape Business contact center agent.
- An internal SIP phone will hear MoH only, no ringtone, when it is supervised transferred by a second internal party.
- Device specific features, which are not supported by OpenScape Business, shall be disabled in the device as described in the SIP device configuration guide.
- No DLI Support (No automatic configuration / SW updates)
Instructions how to administrate OpenScape Business for SIP devices are the same as for OpenScape Office and can be found here :
OSBiz SIP Endpoint Configuration
Please note that only the OpenStage SIP phones, OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G, OpenScape Desk Phone IP 55G and HiPath Cordeless IP devices are officially released and supported.
Device configuration hints and differences in the feature set can be found in the following documents (the documents are valid for OpenScape Office and OpenScape Business.
SIP Desk Phones
- OSBiz Configuration OpenStage --- OpenStage 5 / 15 / 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 SIP, valid also for OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G / 55G
- OSBiz Configuration Gigaset --- Gigaset S450IP / C470IP (Gigaset)
- OSBiz Configuration Grandstream --- Grandstream GXP280 / GXV3140 video phone (Grandstream)
- OSBiz Configuration Aastra --- Aastra 6739i (Aastra)
SIP Mobile Devices
- HiPath Cordless IP
- OpenStage WL3 -- coming soon
SIP Soft Clients
- OSBiz Configuration Media5-fone --- Media5-fone (Media5)
- OSBiz Configuration OpenScape PE
- OSBiz Configuration X-Lite --- CounterPath X-lite (CounterPath)
- OSBiz Configuration 3CXPhone --- 3CXPhone (3CX)
- Additional SIP devices may have been tested within the Technology Partner Program (Partner Portalaccount required).
- For SIP devices at HiPath 3000 see SIP Devices for HiPath 3000
- For SIP devices at OpenScape Office LX/MX see SIP devices configuration examples