optiPoint application module WAP applications overview
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
WAP technology is driven by mobile phone internet access. Although it has in mobile world a negative image (because of small screens and high mobile internet rates), the technology itself is proven.
Major advantage compared to standard HTML: WML offers smaller footprint, drops each kind of pop-ups, advertisements, etc. and concentrates really on providing the information itself.
There are many WAP/WML content providers available in the internet. Most of them are free and all can be accessed by the optiPoint application module.
- optiPoint application module - the portal page of this accessory
- optiPoint application module FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint application module WAP applications overview - general information to WAP applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure WAP - how to configure WAP on APM
- optiPoint application module Programming WML applications - WML applications programming description
- optiPoint application module JAVA applications overview - general information to JAVA applications
- optiPoint application module How to configure JAVA - how to configure Java on APM
- optiPoint application module How to configure LDAP - how to configure LDAP on APM
- optiPoint application module XML applications overview - general information to XML applications
- How to access a public internet based WAP-link portal
- 3rd party application developers
Tutorials / Knowledge Base
- Apache: HTTP Server Project
- SELFHTML: Einrichtehinweise Apache Webserver
- BananaJoe: Apache Tutorials
- kannel: Open Source WAP and SMS gateway
- c't 26/2005;Reiseführer ins Mini-Web; Mobiles Surfen - Software und Dienste; S. 116 ff