optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This information describes distinctions while upgrading optiPoint 410/420 phones to optiPoint 410/420 SIP V6.0 Application Software.
For common upgrade procedure (download application) refer to Firmware upgrade optiPoint 410/420 S phones.
- Via the WBM interface (supported by all phone models)
- Via the phone's local user interface (not supported by 410 entry S that hasn't the display)
- Via HiPath DLS application (supported by V4.1.20 onwards, V5.0.x, V6.0.x and V7)
Upgrading from SIP V5.0.15 or earlier versions
- Change the phone's VLAN discovery setting to
DHCP, then back to
manual, this action will store the setting in the phone’s database and the default value is not used
- Reboot the phone
- Upgrade phone to SIP V6.0 (see Firmware upgrade optiPoint 410/420 S phones)
Upgrading from SIP V4.1.15 or earlier versions
Note that QoS default settings are now set to
ON (both on L2 and L3 layers).
This may cause problem when the phone sends tagged frames and your network devices can’t handle these tagged frames.
In this case, we suggest the following workaround, before performing the upgrade:
- Change the phone's QoS L2 layer setting to
ON, then back to
OFFand reboot the phone, this action will store the setting in the phone’s database and the default value is not used
See Migrate optiPoint 410/420 CorNet IP (HFA) phones to SIP article for further informations.