The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
| The direct contact for OpenStage XML Applications related questions from the community:|
The graphical user interface provided with OpenStage 60/80 phones can be used to develop own applications for special purposes. OpenStage XML applications enable the phone to act as a front-end to a server-side program. Moreover, XML applications have the capability of controlling calls.
The Push feature allows the server-side program to send data to the phone in an unsollicited manner. The information is displayed immediately on the phone.
Possible uses are, for instance: Integration with groupware (e.g. Microsoft Exchange Server) or Unified Messaging systems (e.g. Siemens OpenScape); gathering information provided by web services (e.g. weather, traffic, stocks); dialing aids with access to address databases.
XML applications are available in OpenStage 60/80 phones with SIP firmware version ≥ V1R5
in OpenStage 60/80 phones with HFA firmware version ≥ V2R0.
XML applications are based on the client-server architecture. Comparable with web browsers and web servers in the WWW, the client, which is running in the phone software, requests an XML document from the server-side program. The HTTP/HTTPS GET request sent by the client includes the phone's call number, for instance:
The server-side program then generates an XML document, which is delivered to the phone over HTTP/HTTPS. In the phone, the XML document is parsed and displayed on the graphic display. The user enters commands and data using the TouchGuideTM and the keypad. The phone transmits the user entries to the server-side program in the form of key/value pairs.
When the Push capability is used, the server sends a special HTTP/HTTPS request to the phone.
For details about the components involved in the operation of an XML application, see the following diagram:
For Administrators/Application Users
The following documents and ressources might be useful for administrators who intend to use OpenStage XML applications within their telecommunications infrastructure.
- OpenStage XML Applikations - System Requirements
- Administration Manual OpenStage OpenScape Voice - Chapter 3.12.1 explains the setup/configuration of XML applications via local phone menu.
- Deployment-Service en - Chapter 188.8.131.52 explains the setup/configuration of XML applications via local phone menu via DLS.
- Example XML Applications for OpenStage - Complete client/server applications for installation on a server/PC.
- OpenStage XML Applikations FAQ.
- Developers Guide XML applications - A complete description of the XML interface, with examples
- Administration Manual OpenStage OpenScape Voice - Chapter 3.12.1 explains the setup/configuration of XML applications via local phone menu
- Example XML Applications for OpenStage - Applications hosted on the testfloor server and for installation on a server/PC
- OpenStage XML Applications FAQ
There is a need for an specific XML application, but no experience to make an own application? Our partner network can help to solve this problem.
We are building up a network of certified partners to support the customer with experience, consulting and customer specific solutions.
Please visit our OpenStage XML Applications Partner Page.
- E/A-Cockpit - Easy and intuitive control of an Executive / Assistant Configuration on your OpenStage phone
- E-A-Cockpit-KBA - Quick Reference Guide with examples and graphical menu overviews
- Voicemail-Assistant - Graphical control of your Xpressions Voicemal box on your OpenStage phone
- User Guide IPP Assistant - User Guide for Graphical Xpressions control
- OpenScape UC client - Quick and easy change of your Presence and Availability status on your OpenStage phone
- OpenStage XML Applications Partner Page - Partners with OpenStage XML application experience
Further Example Applications
- Example XML Applications for OpenStage - Complete client/server applications for installation on a server/PC
- OpenStage_XML_apps_xml_schema - XML Schema for OpenStage XML applications
- OpenStage_XML_apps_examples - XML Examples from the Developer's Guide
- optiPoint application module XML applications overview - XML applications for the optiPoint application module
- 3rd party application developers - Platform for 3rd party developers who create applications for Siemens IP Phones
- OpenStage - Portal page for OpenStage phones
- OpenStage Manager - PC application for exchanging data with OpenStage phones
- DLS - Deployment Service, an administration tool capable of, among other things, setting up XML applications
- Technology Partners – greater variety through innovative partner solutions - Become a Partner!