The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This application makes it possible to broadcast alerts using an IP phone which was earlier restricted to computers in corporate environment. If a system administrator, manager or other member of an organisation wishes to send a message to each person in a department, they can use "Broadcast Alert". The application allows a single message along with a priority to be sent to a number of registered IP phones. This application can be extended to include workgroups and store messages for later retrieval.
- An IP phone can be registered with the Broadcast Alert application either by starting the application on the phone itself or by entering the details manually on the server.
- A system administrator then enters the message and the priority via the application’s web portal.
- When the message is submitted, each registered phone is pushed, informing it to retrieve the message from the server.
- The message is then displayed on the IP phone's APM/DSM with a corresponding sound.
- View Broadcasts
- User can see broadcasts which have been sent
- Edit Extension Details
- User can enter a name for the extension
- User can change status from "Available" to "No Interruptions"
- Configure Broadcast Settings
- User can toggle sounds and overwrite options
It provides three options to user
- Broadcast Alert
- Send a message and set its priority to a group of IP Phones
- Phone Groups
- View and manage the phone groups on the server
- Manage Phones
- View and manage the phones registered with the service