The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Hallo Fotos von der 520 & 540 sollten doch auch noch irgendwo auf zu treiben sein oder? --SCCSSF 12:45, 5 December 2006 (CET)
- Kommt noch - Geduld, Geduld ... --Horemu 17:34, 5 December 2006 (CET)
HiPath 3000 Manager C to HiPath 540
I'm trying to make a network connection between the Manager software on my PC and a new HiPath 540 PBX box.
I am unable to find any documentation on this. The documents I have which came on the CD and with the software installed from it indicate the need for MAC address (which I have) and IP address (which I don't have) and suggest that these may be found from an optipoint (economy?) station attached to the 540. Searches of the documentation provide no further information.
Perhaps someone can point me to the documentation, and when I have the answers, perhaps I could contribute a HowTo. --Tonyf 17:12, 7 August 2007 (CEST)
- Getting somewhere
- Used *95 on optipoint phone to get to System Admin and entered user and password OK.
- Then 2239 - IP access and managed to set the various IP parameters (* ends up as . in IP addresses)
- I can now ping its address and get a response.
- Run 3000 Manager C and click the "Transfer" icon, select 'IP HiPath' and enter the IP address.
- Then click 'System -> PC' button, wait, and get "User has no rights to perform this action" so I'm back to 'Try anything' mode. --Tonyf 19:23, 7 August 2007 (CEST)
- How it really works
- The important point that I missed was in the Wizard for the Manager. This starts automatically the first time the Manager is run. It first asks for the MAC address (which is written on the system board and does NOT start with the numbers in the documentation!) and then "Please enter the necessary IP parameters for this".
- This could more usefully say "Please enter the IP parameters you wish to allocate to the PABX" because what is going to happen here is that the Manager is going to write the IP parameters into the PABX for us - If only it had told us that!
- I'm still flummoxed though, because I've set something, somewhere, which has messed up the permissions so that I get "PIN code unknown" on trying to access the database.
- So - how to do a full system reset to factory state? --Tonyf 21:31, 7 August 2007 (CEST)
- Problem solved
- Manager (HiPath 3000 Manager C) has to be run as Administrator under Windows. Running as Administrator caused the above problems to disappear.
- Yes I did eventually remember seeing it noted somewhere in the documentation, but it would be nice if the error message was a bit more explicit.
- It would also be better if one didn't have to hand out Adminstrator rights to all and sundry in a small business environment! --Tonyf 01:24, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
First of all you should be aware of which version/release has your HiPath 3000 Manager C.
Then consider that, apart from HiPath 3000 Manager E/C System First Time Configuration Wizard, Administrator Rights should be used only during the HiPath 3000 Manager E/C installation process, after that should be enough to run it with Power User rights (it worked and it works since I saw HiPath/Hicom management tools first time...so many years ago...I'm quite sure about).
FYI...it's better to submit threads like your one directly at public international HiPath-Forum (even if mostly of users are germans) other than here on the Wiki.
User:Davide.poletto AKA Kimera 01:57, 9 August 2007 (CEST)