optiPoint application module XML applications overview
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The optiPoint application module has a built-in XML parser. Thus server based XML-applications can be accessed by the user using this module.
The optiPoint application module with its 320x240 pixels color screen and its alphanumeric keyboard can be seen as an additional (beside an PC-browser) front-end to display and access web-content. It follows the very well-know client-server principle, where central internet content (Webserver) can be accessed by a PC-based browser. This makes it easy for web-developers to bring make their applications available for a telephone-display too.
There are hardly no special skills needed to write XML-based phone applications for optiPoint application module. The only difference comes inherently with XML, which makes a better usage of the graphical capabilities of a telephone screen.
Like HTML is targeted for PC browsers and WML best for small mobile-phone displays, XML is optimal to represent web-content on phone displays.
How to access sample XML applications
Related links / information
Tutorials / Knowledge Base
- http://www.w3schools.com/xml - W3C school: XML Tutorial
- http://www.altova.com/ - XML developmet tools, e.g. XML spy
- http://www.stylusstudio.com - XML development tools
- Eclipse plugin
- http://httpd.apache.org/ - Apache Webserver opensource project
- http://de.selfhtml.org/servercgi/server/index.htm - Einrichtehinweise Webserver
- http://www.bananajoe.de - Einrichtehinweise Apache Webserver