optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The protocol version SIP V6.0 is the successor of SIP versions like SIP V5.0 and SIP V4.1.
For detailled information about each firmware release refer to optiPoint 410/420 S Release Notes.
General differences between SIP V5.0.31 and SIP V6.0:
- User mobility
- Mobility User Migration
- Mobility enabled with a data item instead of a Mobility Key
- Forced logoff
- Configurable host name
- User data download and upload using message fragmentation and chunking
- SNMP trap for invalid Logoff
- Security Step 1 Basic Password
- Improved passowrd policy (IEEE 802.1x)
- Timer triggered User Profile update
- Laser keyboard
- Default Profile
Scope of affected products
For compatibility and compliance see SIP V6.0 optiPoint compatibility.
- optiPoint 410/420 S phone family
- consisting of:
- Usage of Java Applications on an optiPoint display module is not supported. Java Applications running on the optiPoint display module have impact to memory management in the phone and can force phone reboots because of low memory or memory fragmentation.
- The option in DLS to force an update also on phones which are not idle shall not be executed. This is causing problems in database of the HiPath 8000.