optiPoint WL2 professional family (CorNet-IP/SIP) Surveying Mode
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The VoWLAN clients optiPoint WL2 professional and optiPoint WL2 professional S offers a Surveying Mode of operation that is:
- Selectable via the hidden Service menu.
- Useful to grab real-time information of the connected Wireless LAN Access Point.
- Available on optiPoint WL2 professional family either in:
- Used to enhance the serviceability of the WLAN workpoints.
- Used to perform WLAN site surveys and deployments.
optiPoint WL2 professional and optiPoint WL2 professional S have a hidden Service menu.
How to access
In order to access the hidden Service menu on the workpoint these steps are required:
- Turn off the optiPoint WL2 professional.
- Press simultaneously and hold dial pad buttons 1-4-7 and On Hook key (the Power button) at the same time.
- The hourglass icon appears in the phone display.
- Keep them pressed, releasing the Power button in the while, until Speakerphone's LED and the MWI's LED are activated and flashing red (blinking).
- The optiPoint WL2 professional powers up showing "Service" on the display.
- Enter code 76200 to access displayed Service menu.
Once into the Service menu, the items are listed in this order:
- Network Scan
- SW Release
- QS Data
- Speechpath test
- Working time
- Factory Default
- Clean Up
- Backlight Switch
- Surveying Mode
Once selected the Surveying Mode on the Service menu the optiPoint WL2 professional will display various informations related to Wireless signal quality and availability.