Upgrading a DLS Multi-Node Environment
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
When upgrading DLS Multi-Node deployments, mind the following :
- Always backup the DLS database in case of errors to revert back to a previous state if needed.
- Perform a simple Update Installation of all nodes required as per regular Single Node upgrades.
- Make sure that the installation is not executed concurrently on all nodes but one at a time.
- Avoid as much as possible actions on the Network Load Balancer, the SQL server(s) and client connections to DLS and the Mobility feature while the upgrade takes place
- When an upgrade is performed in deployments with remote database ,a popup window will be displayed at the beginning of the upgrade requesting to disable Mirroring in order to get a database backup by either removing the mirroring and retry (retry), abort (abort) or continue (ignore).
If you select the ignore option, the process continues but it leads to a failed message regarding database backup.
In a simple upgrade scenario there is no need to stop and setup Mirroring again, and no restore is needed.