S5 Phone Editor Language
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This is a description how to change the phone book editor language of the Unify DECT handset family. This feature is available for the OpenScape DECT Phone S5 / OpenScape DECT Phone SL5 and successor products.
The following phone book editor languages are available:
Latin 1 (Standard), Latin 2, Cyrillic, Greece, Turkey and Arabic
This is the instruction to change this phone book editor language:
(1) Switch off the handset
- Press the red on-hook key until the confirmation beep is played
(2) Access the Service Menu
- Press keys 1, 4 and 7 simultaneously whilst at the same time pressing the red on-hook key
- After the Display Shows "Service" enter the code 76200
(3) Select the Phonebook Language
- Please scroll down to Charset Editor (last entry) and select the entry with "OK"
- Please select the required language and confirm with "Select"
- Please confirm the warning that the Phonebook will be set to default after a new language is selected; this is done to prevent mismatches in the character mapping between the different languages
- Please select "Back" two times to leave the Service Menu