How to set up an OpenStage XML Application
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Follow this step-by-step instructions to set up an example XML application on your OpenStage 60/80. The application will display a weather forecast for a region of your own choice.
For setting up and running the example XML application, you need the following:
- An OpenStage 60/80 phone with appropriate SIP firmware (version V1R3.x). (Currently, only the SIP variant supports XML applications.)
- Internet access for the phone, directly or via proxy. Connections to port 8080 over HTTP must be possible.
Set up an XML Application
There are three ways to set up and configure an XML application on an OpenStage phone:
- Local Phone Menu: The graphical user interface provided by OpenStage 60/80.
- WBM (Web Based Management): The web interface provided by all OpenStage phones. It allows the user and administrator to configure the phone using a web browser.
- DLS (Deployment Service): A versatile administration tool for IP phones.
Setup Using the Web Interface (WBM)
- Open your web browser and enter the transfer protocol, IP address and port number of your phone. If HTTP is used, port 8085 must be added, for example http://192.168.1.15:8085. For HTTPS, the phone uses the standard port (443), for example: https://192.168.1.15. If the browser displays a certificate notification, confirm it.
In the upper right corner of the web page, the phone's call number, IP address, and DNS name are displayed. The left column contains the user menu tree.
- Click on the Administrator Pages tab. In the dialog box, enter the admin password:
- The administration main page opens. The left column now contains the menu tree. If you click on an item which is printed in normal style, the corresponding dialog opens in the center of the page. If you click on an item printed in bold letters, a sub-menu opens in the right column.
- Navigate to Applications > XML applications > Add application and enter the required data.
- Display name: Weather
- Application name: Weather
- Server address: 18.104.22.168
- Server port: 8080
- Protocol: http
- Program name: WR/WR
- Use Proxy: Yes/No (Depends on your internet access configuration; if a proxy is needed, see for Administration Manual OpenStage OpenScape Voice, chapter 22.214.171.124 for instructions)
- When the configuration data is correct and complete, click on Submit. Now you can test the Application.
Setup Using the Local Phone Menu
- Press the menu key repeatedly until the
Settingstab is active (the key toggles between the
Applicationsmenu, and the applications currently running).
The key is located in the mode keys area:
- With the TouchGuide, navigate to the Admin menu and press
- You are prompted to enter the administrator password.
If the password is numeric, just type it using the number keys. On typing the first digit, an input text field will open up.
For entering non-numeric characters, press the key once or repeatedly, depending on the desired character. The key cycles around the input modes as follows: (Abc) -> (abc) -> (ABC) -> (123) -> back to start. TouchGuide:
- On pressing
OK, the admin menu opens. With the TouchGuide, navigate to the Applications item.
OKto open the Applications item and select
XML. On pressing
Add applicationappears in the context menu.
OKto open the XML application menu.
- In the application menu, enter the data required to access the example application. For each parameter that must be entered, proceed as follows:
Navigate to the item to be configured and press
OK. Use the keypad to enter data. To toggle between character and number modes, press the key, as in step 3. To select special characters, press the key. To enter a character, select it first by pressing the accordant keypad key as often as necessary. After a short time, the character is accepted in the parameter field. Thus the input procedure is similar to mobile phones. The screenshot shows the data entry in operation: User Manual OpenStage 60-80 SIP)
The following settings are required to set up the application:
Yes/No(Depends on your internet access configuration; if a proxy is needed, see for Administration Manual OpenStage OpenScape Voice, chapter 126.96.36.199 for instructions)
- When finished, navigate to
Save & exitand press
Testing the XML Application
- Press the menu key once or repeatedly until the
Applicationstab is active.
OK. If everything went well, you see the start screen of the application.