optiPoint 410/420 S upgrade to SIP V6.0
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This information describes distinctions while upgrading optiPoint 410/420 phones to SIP V6.0. For common upgrade procedure (download application) refer to Firmware upgrade optiPoint 410/420 S phones.
The SIP V6.0 firmware can be loaded onto the phone via FTP (if supported by the software being upgraded from):
- Via the Web-based management (supported by all).
- Via the phone's local user interface (not supported by 410 entry S).
- Via Deployment Service (supported by V4.1.20 onwards and V5.0.x and V6.0.x).
Upgrading from SIP V5.0.15 or earlier
- Change the phone's VLAN discovery setting to
DHCP, then back to
manual. This will store the setting in the phone’s database and the default value is not used.
- Reboot the phone.
- Upgrade phone to SIP V6.0 (see Firmware upgrade optiPoint 410/420 S phones).
Upgrading from SIP version 4.1.15 or earlier
Note that QoS default settings are now set to ON (both L2 and L3). This may cause problem, when the phone sends tagged frames and your network can’t handle these tagged frames. In this case, we suggest the following workaround, before performing the upgrade:
- Change the phone's QOS L2 setting to ON, then back to OFF and reboot the phone. This will store the setting in the phone’s database and the default value is not used.