optiPoint 410/420 CorNet IP (HFA) to SIP migration
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This migration procedure is for upgrading an optiPoint 410/420 CorNet IP phone V5.1.2x to SIP V6.0.56 and later.
Connect the phone to LAN
Connect the optiPoint Cornet IP phone to the LAN (
DHCP=on is default). The assumption is that DHCP is available in your local area network.
The phone will reboot.
Depending on the version of the CorNet IP application installed
- either you may be prompted to enter the Fully qualified subscriber number, then follow Subscriber number prompted
- or you may not be prompted to enter the Fully qualified subscriber number, then follow Subscriber number is not prompted.
Subscriber number is prompted
- Enter some digits like ???
Save Changeswith the key.
- The display will show:
- Press the key.
Continue with Enter Admin password.
Subscriber number is not prompted
If you have not been prompted for the subscriber number, the display will show:
Invalide GW Adress or
No suscriber number
Enter Admin password
The display will show:
Enter admin password
5) Display will show
Press confirmation key () and the right arrow key to select
02=Terminal IP addr.?
You may read the IP address and use this to switch over to the Web Admin pages by using a web browser (Microsoft IE recommended), typing http://Phone-IP-Address:8085, e.g. http://192.168.1.2:8085
6) Enter the Administration menu (PW 123456) and go to the “Upload/Download” section, choose “Download application”. Start a standard FTP Server (e.g. 3Com Daemon), and fill out the relevant FTP data, example pls. Refer to the screen shot below:
7) After successful restart of the application, it is recommended to perform a Restore of factory settings in the Web Admin, the reset PW is 124816.
This has to be removed here later: Quick Guide Migrating CorNet-IP to SIP