optiPoint 150 S
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
|Hardware Feature Overview|
|Display||2-line alphanumeric display (16 characters each)|
|Keys||8 function keys, 2 control keys, 3 dialog keys|
|Audio Codec||G.711 a/μ-law, G.723.1A, G.729 AB|
The optiPoint 150 S is a SIP phone with an optimum price/performance ratio. For the enterprise area it is a device for starters but it is also perfect for home users connected to SIP providers (like for example sipgate or others) operating standard SIP platforms like Asterisk or other standard SIP platforms.
The optiPoint 150 S has been released in 05/2006.
The phone supports a set of basic Call features like Call Transfer, Call Forwarding, Message Waiting Indication and others. The optiPoint 150 S offers among other things an inserted phone directory (100 entries), call list administration and is simple to administer via a Webbrowser.
For larger deployments there is a mechanism available for automatic distribution of configuration files in order to avoid to configure each phone on-site.
The optiPoint 150 S can be integrated into several SIP communication systems.
|HiPath 2000||since optiPoint 150 S V1.0 R0.40.0||since HiPath 2000 V1.0 R9|
|HiPath 3000||since optiPoint 150 S V1.0 R0.40.0||since HiPath 3000 V6.0 R9|
|HiPath OpenOffice ME||released|
|HiPath 4000||(Released since December 2006)|
|HiPath 8000||(released since May 2006)|| optiPoint connectivity to HiPath 8000|
Feature Description Guide HP8k V2.1
|Asterisk||released||Asterisk config guide|
|BroadSoft||Approved & Recommended by Broadsoft||optiPoint connectivity to Broadsoft|
|Sylantro||Approved & Recommended by Sylantro||optiPoint connectivity to Sylantro|
For detailed interoperability information please check optiPoint 150 S interoperability matrix.
Depending on what communication system the optiPoint 150 S is connected to, the scope of provided features may vary, specific informations at optiPoint 150 S Platform Feature Support page.
For configuration hints about optiPoint 150 S setup for SIP IT Service Provider have a look at How To page.
With regard to further SIP VoIP Service Provider on a world-wide basis it is recommended to carry out testing as there are many SIP communication systems and different platforms (also from other vendors) claiming to fulfill SIP standards.
Features in a SIP environment can either be offered by the phone itself, i.e. locally or centrally (B2BUA) by a SIP application server.
The optiPoint 150 S supports a number of local SIP services. Except for the Sylantro platform the access to central services via Feature Access Codes is not possible.
For a comparison of English/German terms see Call feature term comparison English/German.
Local Call SIP-Features
- Call Transfer (attended, semi-attended)
- Call Forwarding (unconditional, on No Reply, on Busy)
- Call Waiting
- Do Not Disturb
- Distinctive Ringing
- DTMF (in-band, out-band)
- Local three-party conference
- Message Waiting Indication
- Multiple Line
- Off-hook Ringing
Other User relevant features
- Call log (missed, dialed, answered)
- Country specific ring tones
- Dial Plan
- Off-hook dialing
- On-hook dialing
- Phone book
- Open listening
- 16 Ring tones (switch on/off)
For details please have a look in the optiPoint 150 S documentation (e.g. datasheet).
Below you find both information about current and obsolete firmware releases and the Software itself. As The SIP firmware for the optiPoint 150 S does not provide any encryption capabilities you can feel free to download SW from here immediately to update your phone. Please do not distribute the SW across the Internet.
Current software releases
|Version||Release||Release date||Release note||Download|
|V1.0||R0.49.0||08/05/2008||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.49)||oP150S_v149|
|V1.0||R0.48.0||08/04/2008||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.48)||oP150S_v148|
|V1.0||R0.45.0||16/01/2008||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.45)||oP150S_v145|
|V1.0||R0.44.0||06/11/2007||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.44)||oP150S_v144|
|V1.0||R0.43.0||17/10/2007||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.43)||oP150S_v143|
|V1.0||R0.40.0||21/08/2007||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.40)||oP150S_v140|
|V1.0||R0.39.0||17/08/2007||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.39)||oP150S_v139|
|V1.0||R0.33.0||12/02/2007||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.33)||oP150S_v133|
|V1.0||R0.31.0||15/12/2006||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.31)||oP150S_v131|
|V1.0||R0.28.0||08/11/2006||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.28)||oP150S_v128|
|V1.0||R0.22.0||05/10/2006||optiPoint 150 S V1.0 (V1.22)||oP150S_v122|
To get an overview of all release notes for the optiPoint 150 S see the history of all Release Notes.
The optiPoint 150 S can be administered in different ways:
- Locally using dialpad and phone display.
- using Web Based Management through web browser.
- using TFTP-Server to automate configuration parameters and firmware upload.
Especially in bigger roll-out Scenarios options 1 and 2 are not adequate.
For further information on how to do mass deployment for the optiPoint 150 S phones see optiPoint 150 S Mass Deployment procedure.
Remark: optiPoint 150 S V1.0 is not integrated in the HiPath DLS application.
See also Mass Deployment.
- optiPoint 150 S - the portal page of the telephone
- optiPoint 150 S FAQ - answers to frequently asked questions
- optiPoint 150 S interoperability matrix - comparative table of supported platform versions
- optiPoint 150 S Release Notes - information about new software features, corrected bugs, known issues
- optiPoint 150 S Platform Feature Support - lists about available features when connectiong certain SIP communication systems
- optiPoint 150 S Mass Deployment procedure - flowchart of the Mass Deployment procedure
- optiPoint 150 S overview of SIP IT Service Provider features list - overview of SIP IT Service Provider features (internal/external calls)
- optiPoint 150 S setup for SIP IT Service Provider - description how to setup the phone with several SIP IT Service Providers
- optiPoint 150 S upload of SIP IT Service Provider configuration file - instructions on how to upload preferred SIP IT Service Provider default configuration file
- optiPoint 150 S Software Upgrade Methodology - information about TFTP and HTTP upgrade scenarios
- optiPoint 150 S connection to HiPath BizIP - tested HiPath BizIP/device combinations
- optiPoint power supply and PoE classes - information about availability and class of Power over Ethernet