myPortal for Outlook
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
myPortal for Outlook is the user portal integrated in Microsoft Outlook for accessing the unified communication functions of OpenScape Office. It is analogous to myPortal. With myPortal for Outlook, all the myPortal UC Suite features can be integrated seamlessly into Microsoft Office Outlook.Users thus have direct access to their personal voicemail and fax messages, can dial directly from their Outlook contacts and use them for scheduling phone conferences.
myPortal for Outlook SW is part of OpenScape Business / Office SW and bound to the SW version of the communication platform.
The following description refers to OpenScape Business V1R2 and OpenScape Office V3R3.5. Deviations within the feature set may occur for previous or subsequent versions of OpenScape Business/Office
- 1 Overview
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Functional Boundaries and Limitations
- 4 Documentation
- 5 Software Deployment
- 6 Licensing
myPortal for Outlook seamlessly integrates all UC Suite functions of myPortal for Desktop in Microsoft Office Outlook. Therefore, for instance, every user has direct access to their personal voice and fax messages, can dial directly from their Outlook contacts, or use these contacts for planning telephone conferences.
The user interface of myPortal for Outlook consists of the myPortal for Outlook tool bar integrated in Microsoft Outlook, a separate window with the Favorites list and further windows and screen pops, depending on the situation. By default, the tool bar of myPortal for Outlook is located below the menu bar and the tool bar of Outlook (Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007). In Outlook 2010 the icons of myPortal for Outlook are located in the myPortal ribbon tab.
myPortal for Outlook provides the following features:
- Favorites List
- Journal for calls
- Desktop Dialer
- Screen pops
- Presence status
- CallMe service with ONS (One Number Service)
- Status-based call forwarding
- Personal AutoAttendant
- Record calls
- Instant Messaging
- Voice and Fax messages
Phones which are supported by myPortal for Outlook depend on the respective communication platform.
- OpenStage HFA
- OpenStage SIP
- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G/55G SIP (OpenScape Business only)
- OpenStage T (not OpenScape Office MX/LX)
- optiPoint 410 HFA
- optiPoint 420 HFA
- optiPoint 500 (not OpenScape Office MX/LX)
- SIP phones from third parties that support 3PCC
- Analog telephone
- OpenScape Personal Edition HFA
- OpenScape Personal Edition SIP
- OpenScape Business Cordless (not OpenScape Office MX/LX)
- OpenScape Cordless IP
- optiPoint WL2 professional HFA (OpenScape Office only)
Within the following the minimum HW requirements are shown. However, it should be noted that the operating system, groupware and any additional software components in use in the customer environment may require considerably more powerful hardware.
Windows Client PC
- 2 GHz CPU
- RAM: 2 GB (Microsoft Windows XP: 1 GB) (Microsoft Windows 2003 Server: 1 GB)
- 100 Mbps LAN
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution, myPortal for Outlook: SVGA (800x600) screen resolution
MAC Client PC
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR RAM
The number of installable clients depends on the server performance and on the amount of available memory. If the server is also being used for other applications, their memory requirements must also be taken into account.
Support for the UC Suite clients for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server will end at the same time as the end of support for these products by Microsoft. The product will still be supported, but will no longer be tested in detail.
Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Client PCs
- Microsoft Windows 8 (not RT)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
MAC Client PCs
- Apple MAC OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
- Apple MAC OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
Terminal Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003 as Microsoft Terminal Server
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003 as Citrix XenApp 5.0 or 6.0 Server
- Microsoft Office 2013 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Office 2003 (32 bit)
with installed .NET components for Outlook
- Microsoft .NET Framework >= 3.5 (Outlook 2003/2007)
- Microsoft. NET Framework >= 4.0 (Outlook 2010/2013)
Access to Microsoft Exchange Server (for Outlook contacts and appointments)
- Exchange 2013 (64 bit)
- Exchange 2010 (64 bit)
- Exchange 2007 (64 bit)
myPortal for Desktop can be used in combination with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 10
- Mozilla Firefox Version 19 or later
A license is required for each user, who wants to use myPortal for Outlook.
Functional Boundaries and Limitations
Functional boundaries and limitation, which have to be considered for specific environments are described within the sales information, of the communication platform. The sales information is available within the Partner Portalof Unify.
The user manual can be downloaded from:
- Communication system via the Administration Portal
- Customer Support Portal of Unify within the Internet
- Partner Portal of Unify
myPortal for Oulook is part of OpenScape Business / Office SW image.
The system administrator can download the installation files from the Download Center of the communication system and can provide them to the users afterward by appropriate means.
A license is required for for every user for the operation of myPoprtal for desktop.
For more details about licenses and license handling see also the sales information of the specific communication platform, which is available within the Partner Portal of Unify