myPortal for Desktop
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
myPortal for Desktop is a Java based client for accessing the unified communication functions of OpenScape Business from a Desktop PC. Diffenrent skins are available to meet customer requiremnts regarding look and feel and handling.
myPortal for Desktop SW is part of OpenScape Business SW and bound to the SW version of the communication platform.
The following description refers to OpenScape Business V2 or higher. Deviations within the feature set may occur for previous or subsequent versions of OpenScape Business.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Configuration Overview
- 3 Requirements
- 4 Functional Boundaries and Limitations
- 5 Documentation
- 6 Software Deployment
- 7 Licensing
Besides convenient dialing aids via phone directories and favorites and information on the presence status of other subscribers, myPortal for Desktop can, for example, also be used to access voicemails and faxes. The following screenshots shows the different graphical user interface options, the classic desktop and modern skin (preferred for Apple MAC OS)
myPortal for Desktop provides:
- Favorites List
- Journal for calls
- Desktop Dialing
- Screen pops
- Presence status
- CallMe service with ONS (One Number Service)
- Status-based call forwarding
- Personal AutoAttendant
- Conferences (ad-hoc or managed)
- Call Recording
- Instant Messaging incl. multi user chat
- Voice and Fax messages
- Integration of OpenScape Web Collaboration (Video, Screenshare, Fileupload)
myPortal is a Java based client SW which is installed either on a Microsoft Windows based or an Apple a Mac OS based Desktop PC. myPortal connects to OpenScape Business via Ethernet LAN with TCP/IP protocol.
- OpenScape Business V2 or higher with UC Booster Card, Server or up from OpenScape Business V3 with new X8 Mainboard (OCCLA)
Phones which are supported by myPortal for desktop depend on the respective communication platform.
- OpenScape DeskPhone CP100, 200, 400, 600/E
- OpenStage HFA/SIP
- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G/55G HFA/SIP
- OpenStage T
- OpenScape Personal Edition HFA/SIP
- OpenScape Business Cordless
- OpenScape Cordless IP V2
- OpenStage WL3
- OpenScape WLAN Phone WL4
- SIP phones from third parties that support 3PCC
- Analog telephone
Within the following the minimum HW requirements are shown. However, it should be noted that the operating system, groupware and any additional software components in use in the customer environment may require considerably more powerful hardware.
Windows Client PC The following values are showing the minimum requirements:
- 2x2 GHz CPU
- RAM: 2 GB
- 100 Mbps LAN
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution
MAC Client PC
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR RAM
The number of installable clients depends on the server performance and on the amount of available memory. If the server is also being used for other applications, their memory requirements must also be taken into account.
Support for the UC Suite clients for Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 2007/2010/2013 Server will end at the same time as the end of support for these products by Microsoft. Those operating systems will no longer be supported.
Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Client PCs
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (32 / 64 Bit) all versions
Terminal Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 2019 Server 64 Bit
- MS Terminal Server 2019
- Microsoft Windows 2016 Server 64 Bit
- MS Terminal Server 2016
- Citrix XenApp 7.18 (Desktop Mode)
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.18 Server (64 Bit)
- Oracle Java SE >= 1.8.x (32 Bit or 64 Bit)
- Open JDK V8 (32 Bit or 64 Bit)
- Apple Java >= 1.6.x
myPortal for Desktop can be used in combination with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 10
- Mozilla Firefox Version 19 or later
A license is required for each user, who wants to use myPortal for Desktop.
Functional Boundaries and Limitations
Functional boundaries and limitation, which have to be considered for specific environments are described within the sales information, of the communication platform. The sales information is available within the Partner Portalof Unify.
The user manual can be downloaded from:
- Communication system via the Administration Portal
- Customer Support Portal of Unify within the Internet
- Partner Portal of Unify
myPortal for Desktopp is part of OpenScape Business.
The system administrator can download the installation files from the Download Center of the communication system and can provide them to the users afterward by appropriate means.
A license is required for for every user for the operation of myPoprtal for desktop.
For more details about licenses and license handling see also the sales information of the specific communication platform, which is available within the Partner Portal of Unify