myPortal for Desktop
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
myPortal for Desktop is a Java based client for accessing the unified communication functions of OpenScape Business from a Desktop PC. Diffenrent skins are available to meet customer requiremnts regarding look and feel and handling.
myPortal for Desktop SW is part of OpenScape Business SW and bound to the SW version of the communication platform.
The following description refers to OpenScape Business V2 or higher. Deviations within the feature set may occur for previous or subsequent versions of OpenScape Business.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Configuration Overview
- 3 Requirements
- 4 Functional Boundaries and Limitations
- 5 Documentation
- 6 Software Deployment
- 7 Licensing
Besides convenient dialing aids via phone directories and favorites and information on the presence status of other subscribers, myPortal for Desktop can, for example, also be used to access voicemails and faxes. The following screenshots shows the different graphical user interface options, the classic desktop and modern skin (preferred for Apple MAC OS)
myPortal for Desktop provides:
- Favorites List
- Journal for calls
- Screen pops
- Presence status
- CallMe service
- Status-based call forwarding
- Personal AutoAttendant
- Recording calls and conferences
- Instant Messaging
- Voice and Fax messages
Desktop Dialing and Hot Key Function
The following screenshot shows the Desktop dialing function with hot keys and, optionally, the click & drag function.
myPortal is a Java based client SW which is installed either on a Microsoft Windows based or an Apple a Mac OS based Desktop PC. myPortal connects to OpenScape Business via Ethernet LAN with TCP/IP protocol.
- OpenScape Business V1R2 or higher with UC Booster
Phones which are supported by myPortal for desktop depend on the respective communication platform.
- OpenScape DeskPhone CP100, 200, 400, 600/E
- OpenStage HFA/SIP
- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G/55G HFA/SIP
- OpenStage T
- OpenScape Personal Edition HFA/SIP
- OpenScape Business Cordless
- OpenScape Cordless IP V2
- OpenStage WL3
- OpenScape WLAN Phone WL4
- SIP phones from third parties that support 3PCC
- Analog telephone
Within the following the minimum HW requirements are shown. However, it should be noted that the operating system, groupware and any additional software components in use in the customer environment may require considerably more powerful hardware.
Windows Client PC
- 2 GHz CPU
- RAM: 2 GB (Microsoft Windows XP: 1 GB) (Microsoft Windows 2003 Server: 1 GB)
- 100 Mbps LAN
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution, myPortal for Outlook: SVGA (800x600) screen resolution
MAC Client PC
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR RAM
The number of installable clients depends on the server performance and on the amount of available memory. If the server is also being used for other applications, their memory requirements must also be taken into account.
Support for the UC Suite clients for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server will end at the same time as the end of support for these products by Microsoft. The product will still be supported, but will no longer be tested in detail.
Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Client PCs
- Microsoft Windows 8 (not RT)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
Terminal Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003 as Microsoft Terminal Server
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003 as Citrix XenApp 5.0 or 6.0 Server
- Oracle Java >= 1.6.0_31 or 1.7.x (32 bit or 64 bit
myPortal for Desktop can be used in combination with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 10
- Mozilla Firefox Version 19 or later
A license is required for each user, who wants to use myPortal for Desktop.
Functional Boundaries and Limitations
Functional boundaries and limitation, which have to be considered for specific environments are described within the sales information, of the communication platform. The sales information is available within the Partner Portalof Unify.
The user manual can be downloaded from:
- Communication system via the Administration Portal
- Customer Support Portal of Unify within the Internet
- Partner Portal of Unify
myPortal for Desktopp is part of OpenScape Business / Office SW image.
The system administrator can download the installation files from the Download Center of the communication system and can provide them to the users afterward by appropriate means.
A license is required for for every user for the operation of myPoprtal for desktop.
For more details about licenses and license handling see also the sales information of the specific communication platform, which is available within the Partner Portal of Unify