The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
myPortal Smart is the PC desktop client for accessing the unified communication functions of the UC Smart solution within OpenScape Business.
Diffenrent skins are available to meet customer requiremnts regarding look and feel and handling.
myPortal Smart SW is part of OpenScape Business SW and bound to OpenScape Business SW version.
The following description refers to OpenScape Business V1. Deviations may occur for previous or subsequent versions of OpenScape Business
- 1 Overview
- 2 Prerequisites
- 3 Functional Boundaries and Limitations
- 4 Documentation
- 5 Software Deployment
- 6 Licensing
Besides convenient dialing aids myPortal Smart gives easiest access to all UC smart functions, such as
- Presence incl. status based announcements
- Favorites incl. Call Status
- Visual VoiceMail Control
- VoiceMail to eMail Service
- Ad Hoc Conferencing
- Directory Access
- For Apple MAC OS & Windows
The user can be informed by e-mail if voice messages were received.
The UC Smart client configures itself to your desktop and is installable on all usual operating systems (Windows and Mac).
- OpenScape Business V1R1 or higher without UC Booster
- OpenStage HFA
- OpenStage SIP
- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G/55G SIP
- OpenStage T
- optiPoint 410 HFA
- optiPoint 420 HFA
- optiPoint 500
- SIP phones from third parties that support 3PCC
- Analog telephone
- OpenScape Personal Edition HFA
- OpenScape Personal Edition SIP
- OpenScape Business Cordless
- OpenScape Cordless IP
- optiPoint WL2 professional HFA
Within the following the minimum HW requirements are shown. However, it should be noted that the operating system, groupware and any additional software components in use in the customer environment may require considerably more powerful hardware.
Windows Client PC
- 2 GHz CPU
- RAM: 2 GB (Microsoft Windows XP: 1 GB) (Microsoft Windows 2003 Server: 1 GB)
- 100 Mbps LAN
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution, myPortal for Outlook: SVGA (800x600) screen resolution
MAC Client PC
- Processor type: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR RAM
The number of installable clients depends on the server performance and on the amount of available memory. If the server is also being used for other applications, their memory requirements must also be taken into account.
Support for the UC Smart client for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server will end at the same time as the end of support for these products by Microsoft. The product will still be supported, but will no longer be tested in detail.
Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Client PCs
- Microsoft Windows 8 (not RT)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
MAC Client PCs
- Apple MAC OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
- Apple MAC OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
- Adobe AIR 3.6 for Windows / Mac OS X or later
myPortal for Desktop can be used in combination with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 10
- Mozilla Firefox Version 19 or later
A license is required for each user, who wants to use myPortal Smart.
Functional Boundaries and Limitations
Functional boundaries and limitation, which have to be considered for specific environments are described within the sales information, of the communication platform. The sales information is available within the Partner Portalof Unify.
The user manual can be downloaded from:
- Communication system via the Administration Portal
- Customer Support Portal of Unify within the Internet
- Partner Portal of Unify
myPortal Smart is part of OpenScape Business SW image.
The system administrator can download the installation files from the Download Center of the communication system and can provide them to the users afterward by appropriate means.
A license is required for every user for the operation of myPoprtal Smart.
For more details about licenses and license handling see also the sales information of the specific communication platform, which is available within the Partner Portal of Unify