The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
myAttendant is a Java based client for accessing attendant and the unified communication functions of OpenScape Business from a Desktop PC.
Diffenrent skins are available to meet customer requiremnts regarding look and feel and handling.
myAttendant SW is part of OpenScape Business and bound to the SW version of the communication platform.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Configuration Overview
- 3 Requirements
- 4 Functional Boundaries and Limitations
- 5 Documentation
- 6 Software Deployment
- 7 Licensing
Besides convenient dialing aids via phone directories and favorites, and information on the presence status of other subscribers, myAttendant can, for example, also be used to access voicemails and Fax messages. LAN messages (Instant Messaging) assist you in communicating with other internal subscribers.
myAttendant offers the following features:
- Attendant functions
- Favorites List
- Journal for calls
- Screen pops
- Presence status
- CallMe service
- Status-based call forwarding
- Personal AutoAttendant
- Recording calls and conferences
- Instant Messaging
- Voice and Fax messages
Desktop Dialing and Hot Key Function
Desktop dialing function with hot keys and, optionally, the click & drag function familiar from OpenScape Business
myAttendant is a Java based client SW which is installed either on a Microsoft Windows based or an Apple a Mac OS based Desktop PC. myAttendant connects to OpenScape Business / Office via Ethernet LAN with TCP/IP protocol.
- OpenScape Business V1R2 or higher with UC Booster Card/Server
Phones which are supported by myAttendant depend on the respective communication platform.
- OpenScape DeskPhone CP HFA/SIP
- OpenScape DeskPhone CP T (CP200/400)
- OpenStage HFA
- OpenStage SIP
- OpenScape Desk Phone IP 35G/55G SIP
- OpenStage T
- SIP phones from third parties that support 3PCC
- Analog telephone
- OpenScape Personal Edition HFA
- OpenScape Personal Edition SIP
- OpenScape Business Cordless
- OpenScape Cordless IP
Within the following the minimum HW requirements are shown. However, it should be noted that the operating system, groupware and any additional software components in use in the customer environment may require considerably more powerful hardware.
Windows Client PC
- 2 GHz CPU
- RAM: 2 GB (Microsoft Windows XP: 1 GB) (Microsoft Windows 2003 Server: 1 GB)
- 100 Mbps LAN
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution, myPortal for Outlook: SVGA (800x600) screen resolution
The number of installable clients depends on the server performance and on the amount of available memory. If the server is also being used for other applications, their memory requirements must also be taken into account.
Support for the UC Suite clients for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server will end at the same time as the end of support for these products by Microsoft. The product will still be supported, but will no longer be tested in detail.
Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Client PCs
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 8 (not RT)
- Microsoft Windows 7
Terminal Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003 as Microsoft Terminal Server
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003 as Citrix XenApp 5.0 or 6.0 Server
- Oracle Java >= 1.6.0_31 or 1.7.x (32 bit or 64 bit)
myAttendant can be used in combination with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 10
- Mozilla Firefox Version 19 or later
A license is required for each user, who wants to use myAttendant.
Functional Boundaries and Limitations
Functional boundaries and limitation, which have to be considered for specific environments are described within the sales information, of the communication platform. The sales information is available within the Partner Portalof Unify.
The user manual can be downloaded from:
- Communication system via the Administration Portal
- Customer Support Portal of Unify within the Internet
- Partner Portal of Unify
myAttendant is part of OpenScape Business SW image.
The system administrator can download the installation files from the Download Center of the communication system and can provide them to the users afterward by appropriate means.
A license is required for for every user for the operation of myAttendant.
For more details about licenses and license handling see also the sales information of the specific communication platform, which is available within the Partner Portal of Unify