The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
myAgent offers the same look and feel and handling for agents as well as for supervisors or administrators.
The SW is part of OpenScape Business / Office SW and is bound to the SW version of the communication platform.
The following description refers to OpenScape Business V1R2 and OpenScape Office V3R3.5.
Deviations within the feature set may occur for previous or subsequent versions of OpenScape Business/Office
- 1 Overview
- 2 Configuration Overview
- 3 Requirements
- 4 Functional Boundaries and Limitations
- 5 Documentation
- 6 Software Deployment
- 7 Licensing
myAgent is the user portal for contact center agents, supervisors and contact center administrators.
It provides information about the number of waiting calls as well as information about the presence status of other subscribers and allows supervisors to configure routing rules etc.
myAgent provides in general:
- Call processing
- Caller details
- Agent callback
- Agent status
- Presence status
- Real-time monitoring of queues
- As an agent you can request assistance from the supervisor during a call. When doing so, you can specify the reason and the type of assistance you require: Instant messaging, Silent Monitoring or Override.
- Instant Messaging
- Instant Messaging enables you to exchange instant messages (i.e., to chat) with other internal subscribers. Instant Messaging is possible in combination with myPortal, myPortal for Outlook, myAgent or myAttendant.
- Voice and Fax messages
- Contact Center administration access
Differences to previous versions (OpenScape Office only)
From OpenScape Office V3R3 on myAgent offers:
Improved PopUp Window
Caller List with improved functions
Extended directory support
Enhanced CTI functions
Improved handling for e-mails and faxes
Extended Hot Key functions
Extended functions for Supervior role
myAgent is a .NET based client SW, which is installed on a Microsoft Windows based Desktop PC. myAgent connects to OpenScape office via Ethernet LAN with TCP/IP protocol.
myAgent can be used in combination with the following telephones:
- OpenStage HFA (not for OpenScape Office MX/LX)
- OpenStage T (not for OpenScape Office MX/LX)
- optiPoint 410 HFA
- optiPoint 420 HFA
- optiPoint 500 (not for OpenScape Office MX/LX)
- OpenScape Personal Edition HFA
- OpenScape Buisiness (HiPath) Cordlesse (not for OpenScape Office MX/LX)
SIP phones, mobility and virtual subscribers as well as group or MULAP subscribers are not supported in combination with the contact center function.
Within the following the minimum HW requirements are shown. However, it should be noted that the operating system, groupware and any additional software components in use in the customer environment may require considerably more powerful hardware.
Windows Client PC
- 2 GHz CPU
- 1 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows XP
- 2 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Vista
- 100 Mbps LAN (1 Gbps LAN recommended)
- XGA (1024x768) screen resolution
Support for the UC Suite clients for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows 2003 Server will end at the same time as the end of support for these products by Microsoft. The product will still be supported, but will no longer be tested in detail.
Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Client PCs
- Microsoft Windows 8 (not RT)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
Terminal Server Operating Systems
A project specific release is required for operation of myAgent within Terminal Server environments.
- Microsoft .NET Framework >= 4.0
myAgent can be used in combination with the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 10
- Mozilla Firefox Version 19 or later
Within Open Scape Office following licenses are necessary for each user, who wants to use myAgent.
- Contact Center base license as general systemwide requirement
- Contact Center agent license ( includes a comfort user license)
Functional Boundaries and Limitations
Local administration rights on the client PC are required for the installation, but not for automatic updates
The PCs always need the current status of all available updates, including Service Packs.
Concurrent Usage of myAgent and myPortal
When myPortal and myAgent are used concurrently under the same user account, there may be some restrictions in their functionality.
Actual or revised documents can be retrieved from SEBA.
myAgent is part of OpenScape Office SW image.
The following options are available for providing installation files to users:
- The administrator downloads the installation files from the Download Center and provides them to users via a network drive, for example.
- They can access the installation files directly via a network drive connected with \\<IP address of OpenScape Office>\applications
The installation files are located in the install-common folder.
For login credentials refer to your system administrator
A license is required for every user of myAgent.
The licenses for agents are "floating" licenses and not permanently bound to the agents. Any number of subscribers can be set up as agents, but the maximum number of agents who can log in simultaneously is restricted to the number of available licenses. A license is assigned to a user when the user logs in into the myAgent client application. The license is released at the moment the user quits (terminates) the myAgent application.
The Contact Center basic license package is a prerequisite. The myAgent license also includes the required Comfort User license.