The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The application provides an alternative way of viewing weather forecast of various places around the world, with effective images using an IP Phone, thus eliminating the need of computer, television, radio, mobile, newspaper etc. for checking the weather forecast. However the functionality and features e.g. viewing weather parameters like visibility, humidity, pollution, wind direction, pressure etc. can be extended in future.
- A Weather Reporter application on the phone interacts with the server using XML. The server provides XML to the phone which the application renders into a screen for the user to interact with. The user’s interaction with the phone results in key-value pairs being passed back to the server for processing.
- The server in turn sends a query (HTTP Request) to web-based services and obtains HTML data (Http Response).
- The server then creates an XML page with the data obtained from web-based services and sends it back to the IP Phone.
- Search Location
User can search for any location around the world for viewing its weather simply by entering the name of that location.
- View One Day's WeatherForecast
User can view weather forecast of that particular day with relevant images.
- View Five Days WeatherForecast
This option enables user to view weather forecast of next five days with images.
- Set Hometown
User can avoid searching for a particular location every time he runs this application by simply setting the particular location as a hometown.