Screenshots from OpenStage Phone Display
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
|Model:|| OpenStage 15|
Following software is necessary for making OpenStage screenshots:
- OpenStage V2 R0 software
- SSH Client (suggested: putty: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html)
- TFTP Server (suggested tftp32: http://tftpd32.jounin.net/)
- Picture viewer (suggested irwanview + Plugins: http://www.irfanview.de/)
Making a screenshot on OpenStage is a little bit tricky. You need some experience in network technologies. But once configured the making of screenshots is quite easy and can be done whenever you want. The following description is a step by step manual following an example configuration.
- IP-Address PC: 172.28.133.107
- IP-Address Phone:
- Download and Install Putty
- Download and Install tftp32
- Download and install irfanview
- Download and install irfanview Plugins
Remark: Be sure, that the plugins for irfanview are installed. Otherwise the raw format can not be read.
Start the TFTP server
Files can be up- and downloaded from/to the phone by using tftp. The server shows the listening IP address and the files directory.:
- IP Address of the TFTP server: 172.28.133.107
- File transfer directory: C:\FTPD
Enable the SSH access at the phone
- Enable Access: Activate the SSH session = Yes
- Session Password: Login password for the SSH session, example: 123456
- Access minutes: Set to 15 minutes
- Session minutes: Set to 60 minutes
Open a terminal session to the phone
Use the SSH client to connect to the phone. The user name for ssh access is always admin. Please use the configured password for login.
- User: admin
- Password: 123456
An open terminal session is present after successful login.
- Copy the frame buffer of the screen into a file:
cat /dev/fb0 > /tmp/screenshot.raw
- Transfer the File to the PC:
tftp -pl /tmp/screenshot.raw -r screenshot.raw 172.28.133.107
This mode is useful, if you need more than one screenshot of the phone. The screenshots are made with a small shell script, which automatically transfers the file to the PC. Unique file names are auto-matically generated.
Shell Script scrsh.sh:
FN=os80ss$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S).raw cat /dev/fb0 > /tmp/$FN tftp -pr $FN -l /tmp/$FN 172.28.133.107
- Copy the script to the phone:
tftp -gr scrsh.sh 172.28.133.107
- Make the script executable:
chmod 777 scrsh.sh
- Make screenshot:
Import the screenshot and save it in a different format
|Make sure that irfanView with plugins is installed.|
Adopt following parameters:
|Parameter||OpenStage 60||OpenStage 80|
|File header size||1|
The screenshot is now seen in IrfanView. You can convert the picture in any format you want with the Save as function.