OpenStage SIP FAQ
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
In this OpenStage SIP you will find answers to frequently asked questions on the OpenStage SIP phone family, divided into various topics.
- 1 General
- 2 LDAP
- 3 User Data
- 3.1 Logo (Background picture)
- 3.2 Screensaver
- 3.3 Local phonebook
- 3.4 Ringer tones
- 4 OpenStage Manager
- 5 Diagnostics
What documents are available for the OpenStage phones and where do I find them?
- All OpenStage phones are shipped with a printed document in multiple languages providing brief instructions regarding installation and operation. All the others are here on this Wiki.
How do I get an overview of the features of the OpenStage phones?
- You will get a quick overview of the features in the corresponding OpenStage datasheets, which you can alternatively view under http://www.siemens.de/hipath > Downloads > Data sheets.
What are the default passwords?
- User Menu: no password
- Admin Menu: 123456
- Factory Reset: 124816
How can I invoke a soft-Restart?
- Press buttons 1-4-7 simultaneously.
What is the purpose of a LDAP template?
Keep in mind that the user space is limited to 8 MB (total). Every picture, ringtone or phonebook entry will reduce the space left!
Logo (Background picture)
How can I put my own company logo or background picture on the phone?
- This can either be done by local phone menu or Webbased management. The logo file has to be placed on a FTP server, where the phone can download it.
What file types are supported?
- PNG and JPG format are supported, but PNG is the preferred file type because of the transparency feature.
- A logo file has to be resized to 480 x 142 pixel (OpenStage 60 and 80)
Can I use my own pictures for the screensaver slideshow?
- Yes, this is possible. Easiest way doing this, is with the help of the OpenStage Manager tool. It transfers all the pictures to the phone, makes them fit best on the screen and can help saving memory.
Which formats are supported?
How many pictures can be downloaded?
- This depends on the memory usage for other user data (eg. phonebook entries, ringer tones). The total memory available is limited to 8 MB.
Is it possible to synchronize my Outlook contacts with OpenStage?
- This can be done with the OpenStage Manager.
How can I get my mobile phone contacts to OpenStage?
- Using the Bluetooth functionality of OpenStage 60 and 80. Via Bluetooth you can easily transfer a contact as a vCard (if supported by the mobile phone).
What file types are supported?
- In general, WAV and MIDI files are supported on all 4 phone types. Additionally, OpenStage 60 and 80 can play MP3 files.
Is there a suggestion for MP3 files?
- OpenStage 60 and 80 can play MP3 files from 32 kbit/s up to 320 kbit/s (stereo and mono). Because of a limitation of the space available (8 MB in total), the following is suggested:
- - mono instead of stereo sound
- - a constant bitrate between 64 and 96 kbit/s
- - a maximum length of 15 seconds per file
- See the following table for estimated file size
64 kbit/s (mono) 80 kbit/s (mono) 96 kbit/s (mono) Length 5 seconds 40 KB 50 KB 60 KB Length 10 seconds 80 KB 100 KB 120 KB Length 15 seconds 120 KB 150 KB 180 KB
How can I download my own ringer melodies to the phone?
- This can be done by using the OpenStage Manager. As an instance of ringtones, several MP3 files can be found here.
See OpenStage Manager homepage (under construction).
How can I monitor the phones IP traffic?
- Best way, just configure the PC-port of your OpenStage phone as a mirror of the first one and trace phones IP/SIP traffic with a network tracer running on the PC connected to the phones PC-port.
How can I get a fon-trace?
- The tracing is enabled via the Web interface, actions are then performed on the phone, during which the trace information is captured. When the desired actions have been performed, the captured trace information can be downloaded and viewed.