OpenStage SIP FAQ
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
In this OpenStage SIP you will find answers to frequently asked questions on the OpenStage SIP phone family, divided into various topics.
- 1 General
- 2 IP Basic
- 3 SIP
- 4 Local telephonebook
- 5 LDAP
- 6 Screen saver
- 7 OpenStage Manager
What documents are there for the OpenStage phones and where do I find them?
- All OpenStage phones are shipped with a printed document in multiple languages providing brief instruction regarding installation and operation. All the others are here on this Wiki.
How do I get an overview of the features of the OpenStage phones?
- You will get a quick overview of the features in the corresponding data sheet on the optiPoint 410/420 S phones, which you can alternatively view under http://www.siemens.de/hipath > Downloads > Data sheets.
What are the default passwords?
- User Menu: 123456
- Admin Menu: 123456
- Factory Reset: 124816
How can I invoke a soft-Restart?
- Press buttons 1-4-7 at the same time
How can I monitor phones IP traffic e.g. for troubleshooting purposes?
- Best way, just configure your 2nd LAN-port (PC-port) as a mirror of the first one and trace phones IP/SIP traffic with a network tracer running on your PC.
How many Outlook contacts can be locally stored?
- Up to 1.000. It depneds from the amount of MP3 ringer tones and screen saver slides. In total 8 MByte of user data are available.
What is the purpose of a LDAP template?
Can I download my own pictures on the phone?
- Yes, this is possible. Best way doing this, is with the Phone Manager tool.
Which format is supported?
OpenStage Manager allows to have each contact with an image, supporting:
- Just any picture format, preferable JPG.
- .png (Portable Network Graphic) image file format
and resizing them automatically during import.
How many pictures are downloadable?
It depends from memory usage for other user data (eg. telephonebook, ringer tones). As a rule 8 MByte user data space is available in total.
See OpenStage Manager homepage (under construction).