The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Until recent times, library user used internet for accesing their library account,renewing loans,reserving items and searching for items. By utilising the capabilities of the AGP, the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), SQL and java applications we can now provide a significant amount of functionality for library users on the optiPoint phones via the DSM or APM.
- Library application on the phone interacts with the server using XML. The server provides XML to the phone which the application renders into a screen for the user to interact with. The user’s interaction with the phone results in key-value pairs being passed back to the server for processing.
- Java Application connects to databse using JDBC (Java Databse Connectivity).
- Java Application then uses SQL to query /update the databse on the server.
- In turn database returns the results in the form of result-set.
- Java Application processes this result-set and constructs an appropriate XML page for IP Phone.