Difference between revisions of "Library"
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
== Operation ==
== Operation ==
Revision as of 15:29, 8 February 2007
Until recent times, library user used internet for accesing their library account,renewing loans,reserving items and searching for items. By utilising the capabilities of the AGP, the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), SQL and java applications we can now provide a significant amount of functionality for library users on the optiPoint phones via the DSM or APM.
- Library application on the phone interacts with the server using XML. The server provides XML to the phone which the application renders into a screen for the user to interact with. The user’s interaction with the phone results in key-value pairs being passed back to the server for processing.
- Java Application connects to databse using JDBC (Java Databse Connectivity).
- Java Application then uses SQL to query /update the databse on the server.
- In turn database returns the results in the form of result-set.
- Java Application processes this result-set and constructs an appropriate XML page for IP Phone.
- Review My Details
Library user can view his acount details such as loan items with due date and reserve items with available from date.
- Renew My Loans
The user can view a list of items availabe for renew with due date which could then be selected by the user for renwal.Also he can view list of loan items which cannot be renewed along with reasons specified such as renew limited reached or reserved.
- My Reservations
It allows the user to view a list of his reserved items with available from date and also facilitates him to unreserve the selected ones.
- Search Items
The user can search for a particular item by Title, Author or Id.This will generate a list of items that matches the search criteria.User can also view details such as Title,Author,Id and Status of particular item searched and if desired can also reserve it.