The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Holiday Planner is an office application which enables accessing of central database from the IPPhone rather than computer. It provides a convinient way of editing and monitoring of details regarding time off work.
- Click on image to view slideshow
- Holiday Planner application on the phone interacts with the server using XML. The server provides XML to the phone which the application renders into a screen for the user to interact with. The user’s interaction with the phone results in key-value pairs being passed back to the server for processing.
- Java Application connects to database using JDBC (Java Database Connectivity)
- Java Application then uses SQL to query /update the database on the server.
- In turn database returns the results in the form of result-set.
- Java Application processes this result-set and constructs an appropriate XML page for IPPhone.
Holiday Planner has two different sets of users:
- Employees And Supervisors
- Make Requests
- Users can make request for holiday / flexi-leave.
- View Request Status
- Allows users to look at their past / future holiday / flexi-leave requests.
- Team Calendar
- It provides graphical view of week by week holiday plans for users team.
- Extra Features For Supervisor
- View Employees Requests
- Allows supervisor to approve / decline holiday / flexi-leave requests of employees with reasons / comments.