optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The protocol version SIP V6.0 is the successor of SIP versions like SIP V5.0 and SIP V4.1.
Differences between the SIP V5.0.31 and the SIP V6.0:
- User mobility
- Forced logoff
- Security Step 1 Basic Password
- User data download and upload using message fragmentation and chunking
- Mobility User Migration
- Configurable host name
- Timer triggered User Profile update
- SNMP trap for invalid Logoff
- Laser keyboard
- IEEE 802.1x
- Default Profile
- Mobility enabled with a data item instead of a Mobility Key
Scope of affected products
For compatibility see SIP V6.0 optiPoint compatibility.