Difference between revisions of "Weather Reporter"
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
m (Protected "Weather Reporter" [edit=sysop:move=sysop])
Revision as of 10:18, 24 November 2006
The application provides an alternative way of viewing weather forecast of various places around the world with effective images using an IP Phone thus eliminating the need of computer, television, radio, mobile, newspaper etc. for checking the weather forecast.However the functionality and features e.g. viewing weather parameters like visibility,humidity,pollution,wind direction,pressure etc. can be extended in future.
- A Weather Reporter application on the phone interacts with the server using XML. The server provides XML to the phone which the application renders into a screen for the user to interact with. The user’s interaction with the phone results in key-value pairs being passed back to the server for processing.
- The server inturn sends a query(Http Request) to web-based services and obtains HTML data(Http Response).
- The server then creates a XML page with the data obtained from web-based services and sends it back to IP Phone.
- Search Location
- View One Day's WeatherForecast
- View Five Days WeatherForecast
- Set Hometown