The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The Send URL function on the OpenScape Desk Phone CP devices, allows a user to send a predefined HTTP or HTTPS request to a server in order to trigger a remote action. The functionality is available from a free programmable key (FPK), that has been configured for this feature. In the server response to a phones HTTP or HTTPS request, the phone can be triggered to (e.g.)
- turn on the LED of the configured FPK (in different colours)
- use a different blinking mode
- overwrite the FPK label (CP600 only)
- The request can be sent in plain HTTP or encrypted HTTPS
- The request can be of type GET or POST
- The phone will not follow any type of redirect (3XX)
- Authentication User ID and password will be sent as Parameters (no HTTP Basic Authentication)
- When using HTTPS, the connected server can be validated according to the Authentication Policy (see Administration Guide)
A Send URL FPK can be configured via web based management or DLS. Please see example screenshot from WBM.