The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
Until recent times,school staff used computers for checking their timetable,reading messages and taking attendance of class. By utilising the capabilities of the AGP, the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC),SQL and java applications we can now provide a significant amount of functionality for school staff on the OptiPoint Series phones via the DSM or APM.However this application can be extended in future to include the features like events calendar,contact details of students and staff,to broadcast news/alerts etc.
- School Assist application on the phone interacts with the server using XML. The server provides XML to the phone which the application renders into a screen for the user to interact with. The user’s interaction with the phone results in key-value pairs being passed back to the server for processing.
- Java Application connects to databse using JDBC (Java Databse Connectivity)
- Java Application then uses SQL to query /update the databse on the server.
- In turn database returns the results in the form of result-set.
- Java Application processes this result-set and constructs an appropriate XML page for IPPhone.
- View Timetable
- View Messages
- Take Attendance Of Class