Meeting Room Assistant
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This application acts as a substitute for the pc-based application to make a booking for a meeting / conference rooms available within a building.So the users of the application could make book a meeting by simply pressing few buttons on the APM module attached to the IP phone.This application interfaces with the database which holds that information and display it on the touch screen.
- School Assist application on the phone interacts with the server using XML. The server provides XML to the phone which the application renders into a screen for the user to interact with. The user’s interaction with the phone results in key-value pairs being passed back to the server for processing.
- Java Application connects to databse using JDBC (Java Databse Connectivity)
- Java Application then uses SQL to query /update the databse on the server.
- In turn database returns the results in the form of result-set.
- Java Application processes this result-set and constructs an appropriate XML page for IPPhone.