DLS Database Restore in a Multi-Node environment
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
When restoring Database backups on DLS Multi-Node deployments, perform the following steps :
1. Remove Database Mirroring (if present).
IMPORTANT: Do not Pause Mirroring button in any case.
2. Stop all DLS Nodes except for the DLS Node where the restore procedure takes place.
3. Restore the Database backup.
Use the address (IP / FQDN or hostname) of the one and only active DLS Node to perform the Database restore since the Virtual IP or FQDN will not work as intended.
4. Log on to the active DLS Node (IP address or hostname) & start all DLS Nodes which were previously stopped.
5. Configure Database Mirroring as in [] (if Mirroring was present )