optiPoint application module FAQ
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
In this optiPoint application module FAQ you find answers to frequently asked questions for the optiPoint application module, subdivided in different subject areas.
- 1 General
- 2 XML application
- 2.1 What is required to run XML applications on the phone?
- 2.2 Which telephones support XML applications?
- 2.3 Which Webservers can be used to host XML applications?
- 2.4 What settings are needed to configure the phone?
- 2.5 Can a server applicationn activly push content on the application module?
- 2.6 How to get feed from the webcam installed on the server onto the IPPhone?
How can I increase the brightness of the display?
- 1. Access Display settings
- 2. Choose Display
- 3 Set Backlight - slider max on left
- 4. Set Contrast -slider max on right
What are the RGB values of APM background?
The background of op410/op420/APM implements the following color-gradient: #BBCCDD -> #FFFFFF
The picture with 24-bit and 12-bit color-depth (used in APM) can be downloaded here: APM background picture
What is required to run XML applications on the phone?
- Simply the phone plus application module w/ SW starting V.5.1.34; Webserver, where the application itself resides and of course an IP-connection between the phone and the server.
Which telephones support XML applications?
- optiPoint 410/420 standard or advance in CorNet-IP version. SIP is currently not supported.
Which Webservers can be used to host XML applications?
- Just, anything on the market, like Apache, Microsoft IIS, Tomcat etc. Put the *xml files in the proper directory (e.g. Apache: htdocs)
What settings are needed to configure the phone?
- Refer to the How To document Setting up sample XML applications. Applications can be accessed via the "Program" button on the APM.
Can a server applicationn activly push content on the application module?
- Yes, that's supported. Further information in XML developers guide.
How to get feed from the webcam installed on the server onto the IPPhone?
- An application e.g. java servlet which grabs a frame from the webcam and returns this in a http response is required.To access this image, place a URL which accesses this application on the server in the <Image> tags in the XML, which is then sent to the phone.