optiPoint 410/420 S general information to SIP V6.0
The Wiki of Unify contains information on clients and devices, communications systems and unified communications. - Unify GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
The protocol version SIP V6.0 is the successor of SIP versions like SIP V5.0 and SIP V4.1.
For detailled information about each firmware release refer to optiPoint 410/420 S Release Notes.
General differences between SIP V5.0.31 and SIP V6.0:
- User mobility
- Mobility User Migration
- Mobility enabled with a data item instead of a Mobility Key
- Forced logoff
- Configurable host name
- User data download and upload using message fragmentation and chunking
- SNMP trap for invalid Logoff
- Security Step 1 Basic Password
- Improved passowrd policy (IEEE 802.1x)
- Timer triggered User Profile update
- Laser keyboard
- Default Profile
Scope of affected products
For compatibility and compliance see SIP V6.0 optiPoint compatibility.
- optiPoint 410/420 S phone family
- consisting of:
- When the state prompting for the plug and play E.164 is pushed onto the stack, the idle timeout value is set to 21600 sec (6 hours). Activity on the phone will reset the timer to the normal 60 seconds. While the prompt is displayed it will not be possible to administer the phone using the DLS or WBM.
- The option in DLS to force an update also on phones which are not idle shall not be executed. This is causing problems in database of the HiPath 8000.
- Feature IEEE 802.1x was not tested in field trials, because there was no customer available. 802.1x was tested only in systemtest; but 802.1x was allready released in HFA (V5.1.30).
- In case of a memory leak or excessive memory fragmentation the phone is forced to reboot when a minimum limit has been reached. Reboot may also happen at 01:10 AM when idle if it is seen that the maximum block size available in the memory is below a preset limit. Depending on the phone usage such a reboot can happen after several month (single line) or about 15 – 30 days (often used phone with 10 lines).
- For the registration timer please use values greater than 300 sec.
- When a phone is configured with static IP address, it could happen that after upgrading the phone to SIP V6.0.X, the phone network setting got changed. Now instead of a static IP address, the DHCP got enabled. The workaround is to reconfigure the static IP address manually.
- When performing a factory reset at the phone, it is now necessary to ensure that call control is on the phone, not the DSM. The reset key sequence will not work in other case.
- Note that QoS default settings are set to ON (both L2 and L3).
- The key layout has the priority on the key mapping. If an existing key has the same position as a Key layout key, this existing key will not be displayed and not sent to another free position. The key coming from the Key layout will be displayed on this position.
- RTP statistic functionality is not supported.
- Multi Line operation is limited to 10 lines.
- Callback – no reply is not released. Feature access to Callback – no reply should be prohibited.
- When a phone is configured to dial by both name and number, the optiPoint display module virtual keyboard does not allow alpha character input.
- DSS keys are not supported when using call control on the optiPoint display module.
- The optiPoint 410/420 S phone is to connect to a Switch. The phone is working also on a Hub, but without a guarantee of quality.
- The optiPoint 410/420 S phone is to connect to a 100MB full duplex network. The phone is working also on 10MB, but without a guarantee of quality.
- LAN Ports connectivity:
- Port 1 = Network (straight or crossed cable)
- Port 2 = PC (straight cable)
- Power over Ethernet is applicable, if Port 1 is used with a straight cable.
- Maximum two sidecars are allowed (optiPoint display module inclusive).
- optiPoint display module is to connect direct (as first side car) to the optiPoint phone.
- Usage of Java Applications on an optiPoint display module is not supported. Java Applications running on the optiPoint display module have impact to memory management in the phone and can force phone reboots because of low memory or memory fragmentation.
- The Clear User Data function does not clear out the Java midlet data. This has to be cleared through the midlet itself.
Firmware and configuration files
- The firmware is available also as *.fli to use by NetBoot server (together with the TFTP server). For this procedure see the NetBoot manual.
- If the Platform software (bootrom.fli) requires upgrading, it is necessary to use the NetBoot server (together with the TFTP server). For this procedure see the NetBoot manual.
- MOH files download is possible in principle, but not supported with the current SIP phone versions.
- Changes were made under the audio options in the config menue. Now the settings seize not only for handsfree mode, but also for the handset and headset (directly connected or connected by acoustic adapter).
Mode Room characteristic Environment Mode 3 (Muffled) Room contains mostly soft surfaces, lots of fabric on furniture, walls and floor. Quiet room. Mode 1 (Normal) Room contains mixed surfaces on the walls, desk and floor. A mixed surface will be where carpet is on the floor, painted walls and soft furniture. Normal room with a little backround noise. Mode 2 (Echoic) Room contains hard surfaces on the walls, desk and floor where sound can easily echo. Loud Room with many backround noise, like at callcenters (disturb signall the same as wanted signal).
- The external devices (i.e. headset/loudspeaker via acoustic adapter) are only supported with G.711 codec. If an acoustic adapter is mounted, only G.711 audio codec can be used.
- High quality ring tones are not available.
- Audio loopback test does not work.
- The Acoustic adapter does not work with Power over Ethernet. To use the Adapter, the external power supply is required.